Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi peeps, I've got a 52 plate Corsa C with 34k on the clock.

I was driving my mum to work this morning and found out that my gearbox is on its way out :shame:

When I'm stationary i cannot get it into 1st gear at all! The only time it will go into first is if I'm moving (even if its just 2mph) and I have to put it into 2nd then give a quick shunt into 1st.

I take it that the 1st gear must be on its way out and wouldnt be a good idea to drive it for a while.

Should I take the car to a Vauxhall garage, or would it be better to take it to a KWIK-FIT or even a private garage?

Also, what prices am I looking at roughly? Im going to go around some garages today looking for quotes but it will take a while as I'll be on foot :lmao:

Thanks, Joe

·
Registered
257 Posts
Sounds like its more a clutch problem than gearbox related. If its a hydraulic clutch try bleeding it, if it isn't then it may be a clutch not clearing properly duel to poor cable adjustment.

·
Registered
59 Posts
my mates got 53 plate corsa and his did the same thing phoned vaux and they said take it straight threw fitted new linkage didnt charge him as its a fault that they are well aware of

1 - 4 of 4 Posts