Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I have just recently bought myself an S Reg Vauxhall Corsa Capital Which I am very happy with. As this is the first Vauxhall I have owned I am still not used to the headlight switch being somewhere other than the steering column. Therefore I have accidentally left the lights on all day! Leaving me with a dead Battery!! :crying_2: You would have thought they would put a buzzer on the car that sounds if you open the door with the headlights on!! Anyway I digress. Having jumped cars before this normally wouldn’t be a problem. I put the jump leads on as I thought them to be correct, which is when I realised the negative terminal had a red wire leading to it and the positive a black! I had mistakenly crossed the terminals on the batteries which resulted in sparks and melting jump leads! :crying_2: Now I know I have probably ruined the battery but I would like to know what else it may have done so that I can check whether everything is working ok. I know I have to re-enter the code for the radio as it comes up “safe” on the display. Can anyone advise the cheapest way I can get the code as it wasn’t supplied with the car and also what I will need to get this code? Also the battery warning light stays on after fitting a replacement battery, how do I fix that? All dashboard lights seem to be functional and I have yet to test whether indicators and headlights still work, which I believe they do. Any help would be massively appreciated as I have had no luck with cars recently which is extremely frustrating! worse case senarios welcome! :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance

·
Qualified lego bricklayer
9,180 Posts
Re: battery light - sounds like you've blown the diode pack in the alternator.
Re: stereo code- try asking here

As for a lights warning buzzer, you can pick one up cheap enough from most if not all motorist centres.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your help dave

Just a quick question tho, is the serial number all I need to get my stero code or do I need any other info? Also, how do I take the sterio out to find the serial number? I have taken out the 4 Allen Key screws but it didnt budge.

thanks for your help

·
Qualified lego bricklayer
9,180 Posts
You'll need serial No and make / model of stereo. Just look at some other posts on there and follow what they've done.

Once the 4 grub screws are out, you then need a removal tool:-

eg

or 4 small screwdrivers poked down the hole; or make the tool from a coat hanger.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts