Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I’ve recently bought a 1997 ( R ) Corsa 1.2i Breeze.

It’s a nice little car, but I’d like to make a few changes but I’ve never had a Corsa before so I’m a bit lost (I did had a couple of MkII Cavs before though ;) )

First thing is I’d like to change the standard radio/cassette for a radio/cd player (slot load type, not an interchanger); what are the connections on the back of the radio unit? Are they a standard ISO/DIN type plug, or will I have to muck about connecting all of the different wires individually? (as on my old MkII Cavs)
Also, are there any issues that can arise from replacing the standard radio, such as the time / date / outside temp. display not working properly.

Second, the plastic moulding over the rear wheels are a bit faded/scratched and I’d like to replace them with some better ones from a scrappy. Question is - how do you get them off?

Thanks

Karl

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
i have a 1998 R reg corsa and when my radio was changed (by previous owner) all the wires had to be connected up individually which is a real mess on also if wires are not connected up correctly the time and date display fails to work correctly. if it is connected properly the time and date functions work fine. the previous owner of my car decided not to bother and simply cut the wires to the time display and left them dangling behind the dash

·
Registered
27 Posts
as long as your stereo has an iso conecter should be a straight swap....

as for the rear plastic trims m8 they are bolted on through the wings trust me i have found thru experience un bolt them as you risk smashing the plastic clips on ther inside if you dont....they can be a pain to get to but thats the hardest bit

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update.

I got a Kenwood head CD/MP3/Radio unit, this comes with a wiring harnes that can be adapted to fit vehicles with and without an accesory circuit.

The biggest problem was getting the old cage for the CAR200 radio out as it would only come about half way out. I had to remove the ash tray and get a hand up/under the dash to get behind the cage. Using a screw driver I unclipped the ISO connector from the old cage. The Kenwood adapter fits on to the Vauxhall connector no problem.

The Dash display shows time/date/temp with the radio off, when you switch on the radio the date disappears, but the time and temp say just as they were.

The only thing I have to do now is install some speakers in the back. I've orderd a pair of Autoleads mounting brackets from Halfords. I've got a pair of 13cm Kenwood speakers that will fit just nicely on the the mountings.

Thanks for the help.

Karl

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
i had to change the plug on mine as the unit refused to work with the vauxhall plug and as a result of this the dash display now works completely seperate to the radio displaying the date time and temp whether the radio is on or not

1 - 6 of 6 Posts