Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I think I posted this Audio question in the wrong forum last time, so here goes again.

I have recently bought a 1997 (R-reg) Corsa Breeze. The car is great but the radio/cassette (CAR-200) is a bit outdated and I’d like to replace it with a new CD/radio unit.

I have read other threads here about changing the head units in Vauxhalls and it seems quite straight forward, but are there any particular problems in changing the head unit in a Corsa, that might affect the display on the dash - I do know that the radio frequency won’t display when I fit a new head unit.

Also, Does the Breeze come with speakers in the rear? It has speaker grills, but I can’t see if there are any speakers in there, the CAR-200 head unit only plays through the front speakers. I don’t have a problem fitting new speakers, but does the standard wiring loom have cables from the rear to the ISO connector.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Karl

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
i have a 1998 R reg corsa and when my radio was changed (by previous owner) all the wires had to be connected up individually which is a real mess on also if wires are not connected up correctly the time and date display fails to work correctly. if it is connected properly the time and date functions work fine. the previous owner of my car decided not to bother and simply cut the wires to the time display and left them dangling behind the dash

1 - 2 of 2 Posts