Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Peace Upon the Children
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1999 1.4 16v ecotec automatic corsa.
Last night as I stopped teh car it made a funny rattling noise as I stopped then tonight as I came to start it it seams to make a rattling noise coming from the left hand side kinda near the middle/bottom of teh engine. Plus it ticks over really low and will only rev really slowly in neutral and park. will goto 5k+ but takes 10secs instead of a second or so. in gear it wont go faster than a few miles an hour or stalls all together. plus mainly stalls even when just parked in teh drive.
I think teh noise may just be the engine not liking ticking over at 500rpm but not sure.
oil level is ok but not sure what else to try. have read loads on the forum that says clean egr valve, but have no idea where it is (cant search for egr as its just a 3 letter word, so results are a bit limited to valve).
any other idea please?

·
Peace Upon the Children
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, Air intake looks fine. just started it now and there was an electric motor running like crazy inside a housing just infront of teh battery thats connected by a pipe to a cylinder in front of the exhaust manifolds

·
Peace Upon the Children
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Its number 1 that is whirring liek crazy
and is number 2 the EGR valve? doesnt look like how people have described it. theres no 5 pin plug on it.

·
Kind of a big deal......
6,540 Posts
Sorry mate I'm not familiar with these engines, but is the engine managemment light on?

Personally I'd get a tech2 diagnostic done, after looking at the ICV if it has one?

Sounds like it is limping a bit lol!

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts
Im with Trav on these engines mate, dont know sod all about them.

Although if it was the egr valve is should still run ok for a bit then eventually give up. My mates has been going knackered for months, ticks over like **** and is a struggle to start but when its running, its ok.

·
Peace Upon the Children
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thinking the same. This suddenly went last night. almosr feels like fuel starvation. only thing is that it wont drive at all, so either need a tow or mobile mechanic.

·
Peace Upon the Children
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok, i know this took a while, but heres what was wrong!!! teh crank pulley had fallen off!!! found out AFTER i had syphoned off a whoel tank of petrol.

·
A tired Vxon user
1,961 Posts
ok, i know this took a while, but heres what was wrong!!! teh crank pulley had fallen off!!! found out AFTER i had syphoned off a whoel tank of petrol.
Bet your none too pleased then Kai. Did the bolts shear off :eh

·
Peace Upon the Children
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
not 100% sure to be honest, garage fixed it. im glad its working again. and im guessing it could have been ALOT worse!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts