Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys corsa b automatic 1.2 16v 2000 model
just be quoted £67 :think by the people that built it to change the gearbox oil
can you tell me if it is a simple drain and refill or should i let them do the work
cheers :beer:

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
They did a 1.2 corsa auto? I take it that a 2000 is a Corsa C..if it was a B 1.4, there's usually a drain plug..drain it out and refill. I've never heard of a 1.2 auto though on a Corsa B..

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They did a 1.2 corsa auto? I take it that a 2000 is a Corsa C..if it was a B 1.4, there's usually a drain plug..drain it out and refill. I've never heard of a 1.2 auto though on a Corsa B..
thanks for the reply but it's deffo the old shape corsa b it's fitted with a 1.2 16valve

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
really? Well..that's a new one on me..but I like the idea! Small engined autos I like.

If it's the AF13 autobox that's used on the 1.4 corsa and my 1.6 astra, there's a drain plug in the bottom for sure. I'll be doing mine soon, and i'm going to try and document it. I'm sad like that..heh.

Last auto fluid change I did was my Rover..no drain plug, you had to pull the sump off the box and get covered in fluid..not pleasant. Worth it though - the fluid had gone yellow/black and had swarf in it.

It looks like the Astra will be as easy as an engine oil change.

·
Registered
108 Posts
get a clean vesell under the auto drain plug, you will probably only drain off a litre, it holds alot more, measure the same amount back in, do this anually,

·
Geriatric petrol-head
3,012 Posts
DON'T try to put the same amount back in, that's difficult to get accurate.

Keep adding "some" and then checking the dipstick "cold side", with the engine running, until you get the correct level.

My AF17 takes 2.5 litres on a drain/refill, about half the nominal, but the AF13 may be a bit less.

Haynes quote 4.0 litres at change but that's way out.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
a tenner for oil

or a peace of mind risk it or leave it :think ?
if i stuff it the wife will rip my liver out :Arrgh:

·
VXon Frontera Monkey
9,882 Posts
Well if you can afford it let VX do it you are covered then for a year under warrenty if anything goes wrong and its linked to the oil and you have no disposal or oil to buy no laying under it no dirty hands or oil soaked clothes etc
regards
Steve

1 - 9 of 9 Posts