Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

New user, i've tried looking through the threads so apologies if this has already been posted.

My 2002 1.7 Di Corsa has developed a problem. On occasion, for no reason all the dashboard dials will switch off. Revs/Speed etc...
The car still runs and everything will eventually come back to life.

On a 2nd note, at times the car won't start. The diesel light doesn't come on and the car will just tick over. After a few minutes it seems to correct itself

I think that the 2 are related as they occurred for the first time on the same day. I've heard it could be the wiring behind the dash or the battery on the Key is failing

Any help you could give would be great

Thanks,
Scotty

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi all,

New user, i've tried looking through the threads so apologies if this has already been posted.

My 2002 1.7 Di Corsa has developed a problem. On occasion, for no reason all the dashboard dials will switch off. Revs/Speed etc...
The car still runs and everything will eventually come back to life.

On a 2nd note, at times the car won't start. The diesel light doesn't come on and the car will just tick over. After a few minutes it seems to correct itself

I think that the 2 are related as they occurred for the first time on the same day. I've heard it could be the wiring behind the dash or the battery on the Key is failing

Any help you could give would be great

Thanks,
Scotty
The multi plug behind the dashboard has come loose. Place your hand flat against the dash clocks and push firmly. Job done.;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
was this succesful? I am having exactly the same problem in my Corsa (Y reg. Only difference is mine is petrol not diesel. It happens most days on my car(better in the summer than winter).

Ratty is this a known cure from your own experience. Did you get the same symptoms?

Steve

G

·
multi plug mate i had the same problem kind of (mine was giving fause readings and the rev counter was stuttering to come down to idle revs but the car was fine)

·
Whatever!!!!!!
6,482 Posts
Take the clockset out,, wedge a bit of cardboard behind the plug :Cool2:

This will only work on Pre-facelif models btw :Cool2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.