Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
I've almost finished the head gasket change but I'm stumped where a couple of hoses go (Doh!)

Where does Pipe 1 on the fuel regulator go to?

Pipe 2 larger bore, does this go to 4? (I think it maybe the fuel tank vent and that I've routed it wrongly)

and pipe 3 does this go to the gizmo with the green connection on the bulkhead to the left of the coolant header bottle?

I'd been relying on the old Haynes manual to do all this but their quality of manual has dropped over the years and they never seem to cover any subject in depth anymore. (sorry, boring old fart moment)

If someone can take a photo of it all, it'll certainly answer a few questions.

Thanks
YorkieF
Corsa 1.4 x14xe

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
No.2 goes to No.4 - fuel tank vent valve to solenoid.

No.3 goes to thingy with green socket - (MAP Sensor)

Not sure about No.1 as the arrow is in the way a bit.

My wife has a Corsa Sport x14xe engine, I will take a pic and post it to here.

NickT.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi NickT
Thanks for that. I've moved the arrow a bit and highlighted the hose fitting. I do have a bit of pipe left over as shown below but I can't see anywhere around the manifold that it would fit to. :(
Thanks
YorkieF

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
That thin pipe goes to the manifold take off between the inlet manifold and coil dis pack.

You can see it if you remove the 2 inverted hex head bolts and remove the plastic cover (as though you are going to look at the spark plugs) then look between the dis pack and the inlet manifold. The pipe routing is under the top inlet manifold branch (that looks like 4 bananas) then goes round the side of the engine. It should fall into place.

The larger pipe is the brake servo take off and it screws into the manifold just to the left of 3 in your very first picture.

NickT.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi NickT
Thanks for all the much appreciated info. I took the servo hose off to clear the way for the photos. I'll do what you said abut taking the cover off again.
I've been doing this job for about 3 weeks now and yes, choochoo1982, I did lose skin in the process. My hands and arms look like I roll barbed wire for a living.
There can't be any more awkwarder jobs than this. Well, I hope not 'cos if there is.........I ain't doing it!
Thanks guys
YorkieF

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
Have you connected all of your vac. pipes now?

Usefull tip for next time, take pictures as you are taking it apart, even if it is a cam-phone. It can save guess work. Maybe Haynes should do this a bit more in the "Emissions" section of the book.

NickT.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi NickT
Yep, it's all conected and running great. :Cool2:
I know what you mean about taking pix as I go along, I've referred to a few on this site to try and help.
Hopefully I won't be doing it again.
Thanks for all your help.
YorkieF

BTW Haynes could do a lot better but then what would we talk about on this site !

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
Hi NickT
Yep, it's all conected and running great. :Cool2:
I know what you mean about taking pix as I go along, I've referred to a few on this site to try and help.
Hopefully I won't be doing it again.
Thanks for all your help.
YorkieF

BTW Haynes could do a lot better but then what would we talk about on this site !
Excellent news :Cool2:

Only problem I've had with the wifes car was one of the L shaped vacuum connectors split causing it to run crap. That was fuel tank velnt valve.
Luckily I had some chav blue silicon vac pipe which sorted it.
It only takes 1 pipe to be fitted wrong to casue it to run bad.

If you've done the head gasket, don't forget to set the interior heater to max hot to make sure there are no air locks in the cooling system.

Also double check cambelt after 100 miles to make sure it is running true.

Enjoy

NickT.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts