Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to make a new thread, but my other threads title doesnt really explain my problem, so i thought id get more responses from this one :)

My problem...

Sometimes when i go to pull away (at roundabouts, traffic lights, etc.) The car struggles to pull away, almost as though i'ts struggling to go and then all of a sudden it will go and the revs will go really high. It's quite annoying, cos it looks like its my fault! It doesn't happen all the time, just sometimes.

Last service was about 6 months ago, and ive always had the problem. I had a full service, so i guess just the usuals were changed. Ive been reading alot of other threads and some say possibly air flow meter? Or Idle Control Valve? I dont really know what this all means, has any one else got any ideas?

One more thing, it seems to struggle more in bad weather, whens its hot, the car accelerates perfectly fine 90% of the time. But usually probably about 30% of the time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no, i dont think so. I have noticed it seems to be harder to put into 1st gear when its playing up.

·
VXon Frontera Monkey
9,882 Posts
Hi could be the temp sensor (crikey not again) this really is the most basic easy fix for nearly all non idle valve faults if the ecu is told the wrong info by this sensor it can under or over fuel this then confuses the lambda sensor who shouts at the ecu who adjusts the mixture who then gets told by the temp sensor more fuel please i am cold a catch 22
regards
Steve

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sluggish pull away.

Sounds exactly like my 1.2 16v 1999 Corsa B. Idle control valve replaced and problem sorted. No fault codes so Tech 2 useless. I noticed when I revved the throttle from inside the engine room the Idle control just lagged behind 1/2 a second. When you pull away 1/2 a second is enough to make the car appear to die then shoot off like the drivers scalded. £20 from scrappy, 3 torx screws hold it in place.10 mins max to replace if you really take your time. Instant cure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts