Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some advice.... I know nothing about cars & feel as if my local dealer is taking advantage of that obvious fact. I have 04 plate Corsa Energy, it has done just over 17 000 miles. Twice since I got it brand new I heard a rumbling noise so took it in & they replaced the timing chain, free of charge as still under warranty. The said when the warranty runs out it will cost over £400eac time to get fixed. The noise has came back now so I feel like its something that is just gonna keep happening every 6-9 months. I was telling someone about it & they said the timing chain shouldn't need replaced so often. I dont know they are right but if they are does this mean the card is faulty or something?? Ah.... I dont know so any comments or advice would be a real help/ thanks in advance!

C

·
0 Posts
Shouldn't need changing at all I think, certainly not more regular than the oil!
Somethings not right if it keeps going, have they said anything about why it keeps happening?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All they have said is that its a common fault with Corsas. I do understand that things go wrong on cars but I dont think it should be so frequent on a new car. Also I know lots of people with Corsas (which are few years older than mine & have done alot more miles) & they have never had the chain replaced.

C

·
0 Posts
If that was the case would have thought it been re-called or something.
There's no way it's acceptable for that to fail so often, and for you to fork out that much each time.

·
Registered
122 Posts
i have had this, chain was so loose it had worn though the casing and was letting water into the oil. did the head gasket only when i had to do it again a week later that i found it. the tentioner is oil pressure feed, perhaps there is a oil pressure problem as in too high (relieve valve stuck or faulty).

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
It is a common fault on the 1.0 12valves but surely the repair would use modified parts to stop the fault re-occuring,If not the cars still rolling off production now would still be fitted with the sub standard part.I think you need to speak to them again as i'm sure this is not the case.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts