Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick question guys and gals..

Is the cooler box standard on the elite or was it an extra and how do you know you got one ???

Might sound dumb but ive had a hard week :grrr

·
Registered
314 Posts
Do you mean the chilled air supply to the glove box? I think this came with either air con or climate.
Small rectangular plate at back of glove box, slide it to one side to reveal a hole where the cold air comes out.

·
Registered
163 Posts
matchless said:
Do you mean the chilled air supply to the glove box? I think this came with either air con or climate.
Small rectangular plate at back of glove box, slide it to one side to reveal a hole where the cold air comes out.
That's a completely new one on me. If I could be arsed getting dressed I'd be out there now to check. Oh well, have to look tomorrow.

R

·
0 Posts
I've got it on my CDX. AT the back of the glovebox, on the left is basically what looks and feels like a broken light fitting. It is about 3 inches long and 1/2" wide? Should slide left to right and fitting itself will be a bit loose.

Other way to check is to get upside down and look up at the back of the box from outside it. If you see a 1/2" flexi hose going to it, you have it.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes mines a facelift and i aint got it...Gutted :(

But thanks for going out in the cold and taking the pic RB

R

·
0 Posts
Andy, you might have a replacement glovebox. Check if that flexi tube is back there. If so, you can either change the glovebox or drill a hole in the back and fit the switch. Box should cost no more than £15 from scrappy. Get the hose too and I will see where mine goes, in fact you could do that at the same time and get the 't' piece it must join to.

I am sure the Elite should have this lovely feature that I use every day. It is really useful. Keeps my parking permit cool.

·
Omega Tank Commander
7,722 Posts
Its not like the glove box is big enough to fit owt in anyway.....

....you might just be able to cool a KiOra and thats it.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was thinking of keeping a few bananas in there as i do like my fruit nice and cool, And you never know we might even have a summer this year.:cool:

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cheers finlay i will have a look in the morning as i need to take the glovebox out anyway as ive pulled the catch off and the 2 pins that are either side have fallen out.

Just another time consuming job for me

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know ive just been reading it.

Is there much you aint done on your car m8

But hey its good for me so keep it coming :lmao:

·
Registered
353 Posts
andy8 said:
I was thinking of keeping a few bananas in there as i do like my fruit nice and cool, And you never know we might even have a summer this year.:cool:
Slight deviation from topic.Chilled bananas discolour,:bananasmi :bananasmi :bananasmi and fruit is best eaten at room temperature for optimum flavour:Cool2:

·
Registered
434 Posts
Looks like it was deleted at the mini-facelift rather than big facelift, unless it's just me. I've got a 98 elite and mr Haynes told me to expect this little cooler pipe when I was taking my dashboard apart, but it weren't there :( :(

Liam

1 - 20 of 24 Posts