Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

Coolant Leaking Again......2.5v6 '97

449 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  monza987 
#1 ·
Yup....me again...2.5V6 Tourer,

My estate V6 is leaking coolant again......onto passenger side exhaust hissing when stopped...thought I had fixed it recently...coolant bridge was removed when i did an oil cooler change....

I refitted the coolant bridge and put some plumbers boss green on the joint as well as fitting tap washers rather than the rubber dowtys that vx use.
It seemed to solve it for a few weeks but now its leaking again....any ideas how to seal this joint guys??

Monza

#2 ·
Nothing other than the washers with the rubber insert to be used on the joint.

Bolts torqued to the right amount to avoid damage to said washers.

Oh and make sure surface are clean and smooth before doing above. A light rub with emery cloth should do the job.

Just a thought are you sure its the bridge and not the coolant leaking around the side of the oil cooler top plate. As there is no gasket just the Vx Sealant it can be scraped away up refitting the plate, enough to let coolant escape.

Let us know how it goes.

#3 ·
Hi...i tried the original VX rubber insert washers.....but it didnt seem to seal it up...cleaned joint up too b4 hand.

Oil cooler had new cooler and plate......cleaned up mating faces and used VX grey sealant too......inspected plate and is dry.

Cheers
Monza

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.