Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I recently bought a 14 plate Insignia Design 1.8, after a few weeks the temp gauge started going near the red. Took it to the Garage and they advised the header tank had a slight hole which was causing the leak, this was replaced. a few weeks later I started to hear a squealing sound which got gradually worse. Garage advised the water pump needed replacing which was changed. I have now discovered the coolant has dropped considerably. Any ideas as to what the issue could be. Thanks in advance.

·
vectraman
154 Posts
Where is the squeek coming from ? have you used a reputable garage? The water pump on these engines can be a nightmare to change ....are you positivley sure it has been changed? top up the fluid yourself up to the line and keep an eye ,it could have been just air but the squeek needs innvestigating

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The squeak is no longer present. Have checked the oil and no cream, no white smoke out of exhaust. Garage used was highly recommended. There is coolant on the floor and next to the engine. Checked underneath the tank and this is bone dry.

·
Super Moderator
26,856 Posts
You’ve got a small leak maybe a pin hole in a hose , get someone to press the accelerator pedal up to 2500 rpm & see if you can see coolant squirting out.
Failing that you’ve got a fracture on a plastic connection hose joiner.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts