Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help needed please...

Just found out this morning that I'm loosing some coolant via the Radiator Hose (one that connects the radiator to the engine block), tightened up the screw on it abit but still leaks...would this be an easy fix?

Where is the cheapest source for this hose?

Any help would be appreciated.

Oops..car is an N-Plated CDX Auto 2.0 Engine.

Cheers!

·
VxOn's Nissan Advocate
1,324 Posts
any motor factors rly, get a new jubilee clip to go round it too, chances are it has just perished. did you nottice if there was a lot of pressure in the hose at all?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not a lot of pressure tbh, had a look first thing this morning after parking the car overnight, what's the actual name of this hose?

Cheers!

·
VxOn's Nissan Advocate
1,324 Posts
if its the top hose, itscalled the top radiator hose, if the bottom, err, the bottom radiator hose.:lmao: never heard it called anything special tbh

you could call the central heating pipes if u wanted:eh :lmao:

but id go with the first option. a motor factors will know what you are on about. although you might be quicker going to a Vauxhall dealer, they may have it in stock.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Take the hose off first and check it is the hose. I had a leak on the top hose once and when i came to change it it turned out to be the metal part of the radiator the hose goes round had sheared off from the radiator. If it is that new radiator from motor factors wasn't much and was piece of cake to fit.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I had the top hose go on mine last year and it was £14 odd to replace.

However, about a month later the bottom hose started to weep too, about £20 odd iirc for that one. Then shortly after one of the heater pipes exploded on the motorway and I had to replace both of them as they come in pairs.

If you take into account the fact that I had to replace the anti-freeze, or at least some of it everytime I did this, I would suggest doing all the hoses in one go.

Its really not hard to do, not really expensive and you only have to drain the coolany out once.

Thats my opinion anyway...

·
VxOn's Nissan Advocate
1,324 Posts
Wolvie said:
I had the top hose go on mine last year and it was £14 odd to replace.

However, about a month later the bottom hose started to weep too, about £20 odd iirc for that one. Then shortly after one of the heater pipes exploded on the motorway and I had to replace both of them as they come in pairs.

If you take into account the fact that I had to replace the anti-freeze, or at least some of it everytime I did this, I would suggest doing all the hoses in one go.

Its really not hard to do, not really expensive and you only have to drain the coolany out once.

Thats my opinion anyway...
the hose exploded:eh ?

·
Registered
342 Posts
stuart002 said:
the hose exploded:eh ?
Literally!:eh

It was like a bloody huge kettle going off! The matrix return hose split about six inches right in the middle.

Ok maybe explode was a bit strong, but there was hot water and steam everywhere in the middle lane of the M23 :lmao:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts