Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone happen to know the temperatures that the coolant fan should come on. i understand it is a 2 speed fan and would like to know at what temperature each speed of the fan should activate. thanks kevin

·
Registered
71 Posts
Sorry it only says the fan comes on at a predetermined temp and is controller by ecu and fan control module .... Can't see temp anywhere in book

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks anyway for the info and your help. The reason i ask is that my astra is a life model and has no temperature gauge and the temperature cannot displayed on the vehicle display. i have therefore been modifying it by adding a kitchen meat probe digital thermometer with a remote probe ( don't all laugh it works very well!) . this is clamped along the stub leading to the thermostat housing and is insulated. Having spent a lot of time experimenting with it's positioning it now works very well. Normal driving engine temperature is around 95c and the fan cuts in at its 1st speed at 108c. Knowing the design temperature the fan should cut in would have given me a good idea how accurate my " home made" temperature gauge is. PS if anyone wants details of this mod which cost me a whole £12 just let me know!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks anyway for the info and your help. The reason i ask is that my astra is a life model and has no temperature gauge and the temperature cannot displayed on the vehicle display. i have therefore been modifying it by adding a kitchen meat probe digital thermometer with a remote probe ( don't all laugh it works very well!) . this is clamped along the stub leading to the thermostat housing and is insulated. Having spent a lot of time experimenting with it's positioning it now works very well. Normal driving engine temperature is around 95c and the fan cuts in at its 1st speed at 108c. Knowing the design temperature the fan should cut in would have given me a good idea how accurate my " home made" temperature gauge is. PS if anyone wants details of this mod which cost me a whole £12 just let me know!
[/QUOTE

is u hold settings buttons on strero until beeps and press the right button where click is displayed and go to were it’s shows 0 v:t
And that’s the temp gage next to the t

·
Registered
241 Posts
Kev, this is courtesy of ALAN G H :
If the car has the original radio (a CD30), then you can get the engine temperature up in the radio display, using the hidden menu function.
To access the hidden menu, with engine running and radio on, press & hold settings (on the radio) until you hear a beep. release the settings button, then, if you have a three line didplay, press BC button repeatedly until you get V and T displayed (about 16 presses). If you have a two line display, press the right hand button (again about 16 times).
When you remove the key, it reverts to normal display again.
If you search the forum for hidden menu, there are lots of threads about it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts