Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I have been having some problems with my zafira A (2,0 DTi)...

It all started with the control-light for the engien coolant being constantly on - and - also the fan running all the time and the AC not working.

I set out to replace the ECU for the coolant (the one under the bumper) - but - the connector leading to the ECU was in very poor condition, so I had to replace the connector as well.

The replacement of the ECU and the connectors did'nt resolve the problem. Allthough, the engien is running a bit better now.

During my installation, I saw that pin number 6 and 20 on the ECU (on the socket closest to the cabin) were extremely corroded.

My thought is, that it might be the cause of the problem. That the problem might lay at the end of where the wire going from pin 6 and 20 lead.

So - therefore - Anyone know where pin 6 and 20 is connected?

(the picture is from the new ECU)
thumbnail_IMG_20170526_122735.jpg

·
Premium Member
16,258 Posts
Right im not sure which one is closest to the bulkhead as wiring diagram does not show the position. There are 2 connectors. Here is what both pin 6 and 20 do on both connectors

Connector 1

Pin 6 Red wire - 12v+ constant
Pin 20 Black wire - 12v Ignition only

Connector 2

pin 20 - Red/White - Supply to Radiator fan
Pin 6 - Brown/White - supply to Radiator fan

Both the above wires go to the same fan. Ive added a wiring diagram

Image1 008.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
I think if the engine ECU detects a problem somewhere it will turn the cooling fan on just in case...so if you rectify the fault and clear the codes it will prob go off....those wire dont go to the temperature sender i suppose....Fred.

·
Premium Member
16,258 Posts
I think you need to stop guessing and get opcom on it and scan ecu and cooling module for codes.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right im not sure which one is closest to the bulkhead as wiring diagram does not show the position. There are 2 connectors. Here is what both pin 6 and 20 do on both connectors

Connector 1

Pin 6 Red wire - 12v+ constant
Pin 20 Black wire - 12v Ignition only

Connector 2

pin 20 - Red/White - Supply to Radiator fan
Pin 6 - Brown/White - supply to Radiator fan

Both the above wires go to the same fan. Ive added a wiring diagram

View attachment 26249

10000 x thanks for the diagram - it is most usefull :) Just the thing I was looking for :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think if the engine ECU detects a problem somewhere it will turn the cooling fan on just in case...so if you rectify the fault and clear the codes it will prob go off....those wire dont go to the temperature sender i suppose....Fred.

yes - the system will turn on the fan if any problems - I have tried clearing all problems, but it still turns on ;(

·
Premium Member
16,258 Posts
If the lights on there will be a code. Have you scanned ecu and cooling module.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts