Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, I know this is an unusual request as people usually wanna go the other way. Thing is one of my passenger doors, with manual window mechanism, got severely mangled and I've managed to get a good condition replacement door with an electric mechanism (including glass). I've got a young kid who sits in the back so I'ld be quite happy to keep it manual to stop her fiddling with it and I don't get a lot of time these days for major surgery anyway. The guy in the srappies "assures" me it's a simple job to take the manual mechanism out of my old door and put it in the new door. Is this the case or did he see me coming.

Thanks

Brian

·
Premium Member
5,682 Posts
Yes it's easy, you just need to drill out the rivits that hold the electric mechanism to the door and then replace it with the manual one using some new 5mm rivits.

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
I've got a young kid who sits in the back so I'ld be quite happy to keep it manual to stop her fiddling with it and I don't get a lot of time these days for major surgery anyway.
You could just use the child lock feature for the rear windows? (found on the 4 way switch) Or remove the rear door switches, and fit plain covers, and just operate them from the main switch.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Matt, can I leave the glass in position whilst I'm doing the changeover of regulators or does it need to come out? Micky, the original door was manual mechanism so the car doesn't have any of the switches you referred to.

Brian

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
Oh right.:Cool2: As to your glass, you should be able to leave it in its runners, but have to wedge it in the closed position with something.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts