Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

I have a 56 reg 1.9CDTi Zafira. We were having issues with condensation in the rear light clusters. When we mentioned this to the dealer they replaced them both. However, the condensation seems as bad as it was before. Any ideas?

Thanks!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When the car was at the dealers again this week they 'refitted the clusters' but this seems to have made no difference. Is it worth me asking the question of Vauxhall Head Office or is it just 'one of those things'?!?

·
Ireland
10 Posts
I know this was a while ago, but I read this a week or 2 ago trying to solve the same problem on my car. I removed the rear light and took off the bulb holders. Then I tried to dry it with a hair dryer. That wasn't very successful. I then left it on the kitchen table for an hour and I noticed an improvement. So I put it near the radiator and again an hour later a noticeable improvement. So I left it over night and all the water went. Refitted to the the car and no more condensation. It has rained a good bit and I have washed the car twice since and still no condensation. I don't use a power washer so I'm thinking that may have something to do with it. Anyway, my Zafira is 2006 so it's not brand new to me so I don't mind a bit of work. However, I can completely understand that this problem shouldn't appear at all. Also, it's not too hard to get that rear light off as you have to do that to change the bulbs anyway (but that seems a bit mad to have to do that).

Has anyone else done that and how long did it last for. I'm hoping that I only have to do that once every 6 to 12 months. It was my passenger rear that had the problem. The drivers side was clear.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.