Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys .... After a rebuild of my combo d it won't start...I have set bottom and top positions..what are the telltale signs of it set wrong???? As am baffled to why it won't start....thanks

·
15,367 Posts
Engine - give us a clue???

·
Premium Member
15,536 Posts
How did you set it, did you use the correct timing pins, were the pistons set at mid bore with number one on the way up,... what about the cams, were these set using the timing tools, did both tools fit into the slots on the cams.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Andy I set the bottom of the crank hole and used the tools to lock the top end but only used one of the locking pins...have I done something wrong??

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also had a friend down with a maxisys to read the vehicle but still came up with no comms

·
Premium Member
15,536 Posts
Its not wrong to use just one pin but as your engine wont start it would be prudent to set the timing again, this time using all the pins, you also need to be sure that when you time/set the crank that Number One piston is on the up stroke and not the down, it is possible to be 360 degrees out.

We have a Maxisys elite in work and that will get comms with a Combo D, which model Autel did he use and is the software up to date on the machine and did he also try getting comms using the general OBD tab

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Really ..... I thought the crank position would be that only point you can set it at . Does this mean that I have damaged anything?? And what's the easiest way to reset it??

·
Premium Member
15,536 Posts
Yeah thinking about it again it is the only way to set it, my bad, having a bit of a blond moment, i would still check it anyway,.. saying that does this not have the crank timing pin hole next to the crank sensor.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes it does.... should piston 1 be going up on the clockwise turn of the flywheel??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts