Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a combo 1.3 fiat multijet engine 2012 model and the check engine light is on (not the dpf light). i got it plugged into a computer and the only code thats stored is p2453-7a. The diesel particle filter soot accumulation is at 27%. i was wondering is this enough to trigger the fault code or could it be a sensor problem?
Also the van is not in limp mode. i have noticed its a little bit harder on diesel lately and its a bit smokey on start up when cold

·
Premium Member
11,107 Posts
Check your oil level to make sure it hasn't done any failed regeneration's, if it fails it dumps the unburnt diesel in to your engine oil, which raises the level of your oil and thins it out, both are not good for your engine.

·
Premium Member
14,174 Posts
If you can look at the live data of the differential pressure sensor, it should read 0 with ignition on and with a 27% saturation level it should read very low (single figure) with the engine running.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies.
I checked the oil and its seems to be at the correct level
When the van is off the sensor reads 0 psi and when running remains at 0.0 psi

·
Premium Member
14,174 Posts
Well if it reads zero back pressure when revving the engine the dpf is either missing, has a hole in it or the pressure sensor or sensor pipe work is faulty. If you know the filters still there then check the pressure sensor pipework for damage before replacing the sensor or if you have a mityvac pressure pump then test the sensor.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I no the filter is there because ive owned the van from new. I dont have mityvac pump so I will inspect the pipe work and report back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.