Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I Bought myself one of the cheap ebay cam locking kits and its not a surprise it dont fit, has someone got the correct dimensions so I know what bit to grind down that would be really helpfull, mines measuring in at 10mmx13mm
20200904_201348.jpg 20200904_201314.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In this instance neither, working on a combo thats a poor runner was messing about checking the timing, so though would try the tool only to find out it dont seem to fit, i got the keyway lined up as i can see that with my also very cheap endoscope, the tool wont go in far enough to even touch the cam so the hole must be tapered, could just be a fraction off hence comparing against a known tool that does fit

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited by Moderator)
Vans fixed turned out it was the mixing tube from the egr was blocked down to just 1/2 a hole, i was playing about checking the timing as want to test the tools, found they dont, wanna grind them down but would prefer to have the correct dimensions, i was putting the egr job off but to be honest wasnt too bad to do

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
turns out the dimensions were spot on, tried on another van and they engaged fine
If the timing tools don't fit, then there's a good chance your timing chain is worn, and will need doing sometime soon.

Reactions: andy_v

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If the timing tools don't fit, then there's a good chance your timing chain is worn, and will need doing sometime soon.
yes, i get that trying to fit all 3 locking tools and the timing be out they may not fit, this was just a test fit of one the cam locking tools, slot lined up but it did not fit, think there might be a burr in the way or somthing, will take a closer look over weekend

1 - 8 of 8 Posts