Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Combo 1.7DI 03 Engine fault light

4K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  Vauxhall_John 
#1 ·
Recently, my Combo 1.7 DI (Y17DTL) has been giving me the "limp home mode/engine fault" light. I took it to the garage but when they connected the diagnostics, it just says "Fault codes could not be read!". They cna then clear the codes and then I drive it away again, the light comes on, and when I go back it does the same again. The same garage has not had these issues in the past (when the MAF was acting up).

They suspect the EGR valve so they told me to put in some expensive fuel to get it to burn cleaner and give it a long drive. So I put in some VPower diesel and have given it over a 100 mile drive. The engine light doesn't come on at all when driving at speed. The light only seems to come on when I'm stuck in traffic. I've done a lot of short trips recently due to moving house.

When I went to start it today, it took quite a lot more turning over to get it to start. Is there anything I can check or a reason for the fault codes not being read?

#3 ·
I was driving again today and from setting off, I had no Turbo. I drove over 100 miles and still had no turbo and no warning light. I had to stop off somewhere and when I got back in and started it I had a bit more power and it sounded like the turbo was comming on a bit but not as much as it usually does.

Later on I was driving it around again and I had full turbo again and all the performance I usually get with it and then the engine fault light came on again. This time I have a second code as well as the first code.

The codes I have now are underneath with what I beleive is the right diagnostic code I found on another website.

0105 - Boost Pressure Sensor Circuit Range/Performance C-014
1105 - Barometer Sensor Wrong Signal C-019

What does this point to? I'm good with electronics but not really gone into car electronics so much... Could it be the sensors for both of these are faulty? Or maybe this points to an EGR fault? What can I do to do some testing on it?

#6 ·
Thanks for the information, I ended up taking it apart and cleaning it out. I put it back in and got a slight improvement. The next day I had more power than I ever have had with it. Pulled like a train. After a few more days tho, the light came back on and I've lost all that power. Only now there is just the 0105 error message.

I was looking into getting a new pressure sensor and I think this one will fit but would appreciate if someone could back me up on this as there are a few and some say they will work and others dont...

http://www.autosensors.co.uk/en/99-manifold-absolute-pressure-map-sensor-16212460-16258659.html

#7 ·
Well I bought a new MAP sensor and put it in and I've got power back and the EML light stays off for the moment. I checked the fault log again but the 0105 error codes are still there and now there is an error code of 1125 which i believe is an issue with the turbo actuator arm? But my thought was if the EML isn't coming on... does that mean these are old errors as I have no means to clear the errors myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.