Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

Just like to say some great information on this forum. Have read through a lot of threads all great stuff.

Hopefully someone in the know here can shed some light on my issue.

I have just bought a vauxhall combo 1.7dti 2002.

Van runs lovely until 3rd gear at 3000rpm the power just drops off. Struggles to do anything over 45 up a slight hill.

Plugged it in at the local garage and it threw up a few error codes, nothing major bar a critical boost error.

Popped the hood and noticed a loose sensor on the back of the engine as you look at it.

Believe it to be the MAP sensor.

Took it to two local mechanics and they are baffled as to where it goes.
Research online tells me it goes on the back of the inlet manifold and is held in place with one torx screw but none of us can see exactly where.

I can attach exact photos etc if that would. Help you all.

Hopefully just plugging this back in will sort my issue.

It's a small plastic sensor with blue label on and a nipple.

Hoping for some expertise!

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
14,205 Posts
The MAP sensor goes in the inlet manifold as marked in the picture, maybe what you have found is the Atmospheric pressure sensor which is clipped into a bracket down the back of the engine.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi andyl

Thanks for information above that's great. I'll take a look tomorrow in the light and let you guys know how it goes.

I'll upload a clear photo tomorrow of the sensor and where it hangs so you can see exact part in question

Thanks in advance

·
3,073 Posts
Hi all.

Just like to say some great information on this forum. Have read through a lot of threads all great stuff.

Hopefully someone in the know here can shed some light on my issue.

I have just bought a vauxhall combo 1.7dti 2002.

Van runs lovely until 3rd gear at 3000rpm the power just drops off. Struggles to do anything over 45 up a slight hill.

Plugged it in at the local garage and it threw up a few error codes, nothing major bar a critical boost error.

Popped the hood and noticed a loose sensor on the back of the engine as you look at it.

Believe it to be the MAP sensor.

Took it to two local mechanics and they are baffled as to where it goes.
Research online tells me it goes on the back of the inlet manifold and is held in place with one torx screw but none of us can see exactly where.

I can attach exact photos etc if that would. Help you all.

Hopefully just plugging this back in will sort my issue.

It's a small plastic sensor with blue label on and a nipple.

Hoping for some expertise!

Thanks in advance
What was the code you were getting?

Reactions: JMB001

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
These are photos of what I believe is the Map sensor that is hanging down behind the engine as you look at it.

I led on the floor and took the photo from the underside.

Is anyone able to confirm what exact part this is and if this is indeed the culprit?

I will also attach photos of the other loose connection shortly

·
I refuse to grow up.
16,019 Posts
I would say that pic is the MAP sensor. However the Baro sensor and MAP sensor both use the same bloody wiring colours! Anyhow the Map sensor fits above the injector pump, and the Baro sensor sits to the right side of the EDC as you look from the top.

·
Worn Out Member
6,219 Posts
Going by the part number (16258659) it's the barometric pressure sensor

Reactions: andy_v

·
3,073 Posts
That is the same as map sensor but is not, As fire suggested......

Judging for the codes... You have 2 issues a electrical one and a overboost condition so leave the map and barometric sensors alone...

I advice you to check the solenoid that goes on the back of the EDU bracket, is slightly lower then the edu and vacuum lines to it. The mistery plug might be from it ( cannot tell exactly from your pic...but sure looks very close to that.)

If you still have a issue with p0380 that will be electrical also...

Reactions: JMB001 and andy_v

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Top notch advice thanks all will feed this info to local mechanic and see if they can get the van fixed I'll give you all an update how it goes

Cheers

·
3,073 Posts
You need someone who pays attention to wires and vacuum lines... Is quite common on this engine the vacuum line to turbo solenoid located under edu to be trapped under EDU or the leading line to it to get out from the T splitter next to upper cambelt cover where vacuum from alternator is split forthe boost control solenoid and the egr solenoid, might worth the check as p0400 indicates exactly that ...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks a bunch mate.

Will pass all this on and see what my usual garage can do with it I'll keep this updated on the progress
You need someone who pays attention to wires and vacuum lines... Is quite common on this engine the vacuum line to turbo solenoid located under edu to be trapped under EDU or the leading line to it to get out from the T splitter next to upper cambelt cover where vacuum from alternator is split forthe boost control solenoid and the egr solenoid, might worth the check as p0400 indicates exactly that ...

·
Registered
169 Posts
to me, one looks like a map sensor and the other one looks like a barometric pressure sensor. the latter is notorious for dangling under the engine near the EDU. i doubt that only locating these sensors to their respective "homes" will sort out your problem, i say this because it looks like they have not disconnected from their plugs

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah sorry lads.

Passed all this info on but current garage could not locate the sensors home.

Pulling in the same engine from a local scrapyard or another van of the same model to see the locations on that one and take it from there.

Will update when any change.

Haven't been in a major rush as van still runs perfect nipping around town under 50mph

Cheers

·
3,073 Posts
Yeah sorry lads.

Passed all this info on but current garage could not locate the sensors home.

Cheers
?!?!??!:cautious:o_O:confused:

sounds that you may need another garage...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts