Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
should the rear heaters only have cool/cold air come out of them because mine does. im replacing the hbv this weekend because the hot air in the car isnt exactly hot, would replacing the hbv solve both problems in one?

·
Omega Tank Commander
7,722 Posts
Should do, they are set to be the same as the front ones..........its just the air has further to travel so is more likely to cool down.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers, only warm air at front would mean cold air at rear then. hope this gets sorted out.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've got the same problem with mine, the heater matrix looks like it's full of lime scale, tried to flush it with lime scale remover at the weekend with some limited success, can now run fans at 5 instead of 2 to get hot air. Try checking the matrix by removing the panel in the drivers side footwell and checking the pipes from there, I tried feeling them in the engine bay but the outlet felt hot, probably from the heat from the engine, in the footwell it was stone cold. Be careful with inlet to the matrix as I had a "is that very cold or very hot moment, HOT HOT HOT, oh bugger I've burned my finger".....LOL. Going to try flushing the matrix again, couldn't bung up the outlet enought and the remover leaked away too quickly, hopefully I can keep it in for a few hours and see if that helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts