Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am havin issues with the center dash heater vents. I have played with all the sliders and the heater blower speed contol and i cannot find a way to make the one closest do the driver blow hot air. the one next to it blows out toasty warm air as do the sides, screen and the ones for ya feet.

has anyone else come across this?

Cheers,

Colin.

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
The drivers side central heater vent is supposed to be cool air, not warm like the other vents. This is the usual case with 1991 onwards cavaliers iirc, and its to do with keeping the driver comfortable whilst driving, and not making them sleepy.

·
8v Power!
10,748 Posts
The drivers side central heater vent is supposed to be cool air, not warm like the other vents. This is the usual case with 1991 onwards cavaliers iirc, and its to do with keeping the driver comfortable whilst driving, and not making them sleepy.
hmm think I have a problem then. Mine is blasting hot air out and freezing cold elsewhere.

·
8v Power!
10,748 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
is there any way to change it so that its hot? or block it off? as if i want cold air i open the window.
Rotating the switch on the right-hand-side of the centre vents to the '0' position will effectively block it off so it won't blow hot or cold air.

The centre vents are only really intended for summer use - ie for a bit of extra ventilation. I just shut mine off when it starts getting colder, and I find the other vents are sufficient to provide warm air for the heating.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.