Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my astra h is lowered, it was when i bought it. am sure it was something like 40/30 mm but cannot be sure, one of the front springs has snapped. there is no markings left on the sping, is there any other good way of telling? cheers

·
17,254 Posts
Not unless you at least let us know which Astra it is!
G?
H?
J?
K?

·
Premium Member
2,046 Posts
The easy way is just got a full spring kit off ebay cheap enough, and you can pick the ride height you want. As you can't get lowerd springs on there own,and if they have fitted genuine irmy springs they are expensive, I had a customer that needed some for a mot and they were over 200 just for the fronts.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was considering buying a jom coil over kit from euro. but wanted to price 1/2 front springs first.

·
Premium Member
2,046 Posts
Don't go coil over you will hate the ride very hard not nice, get some good springs and shocks will be OK. I have pro sport springs and ta tec shocks.

·
Registered
2008 Astra Twintop 1.8
615 Posts
Don't go coil over you will hate the ride very hard not nice, get some good springs and shocks will be OK. I have pro sport springs and ta tec shocks.
I have the JOM Bluelines on my Astra H Twintop and the ride isn't harsh at all. It's a lot less harsh than my old Vectra B that had Spax Springs and shocks.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
spanner in the works lol, am still undecided... i was considering was going for 30mm eibach springs as the bilstein shocks dont look that old, id like lower but am not 21 and driving my old gte now lol, need to think of everyday use

·
Registered
2008 Astra Twintop 1.8
615 Posts
bornxenon, size of wheels are on your astra and what hight did you adjust your coil overs to?
I have 18" Penta's with 235/40/18R tyres on the Twintop and I fitted the coilovers at the lowest setting, then just wound them up the same each side to give a bit of clearance. I then took it to have a 4 wheel alignment and let them adjust it so the geometry was correct. The told me that I'd need camber bolts to go any lower than what they set it at, not sure how much lower than standard it is, the coil overs are wound quite high up and it's still pretty low.

How it was when I fitted them:

How it is now:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sits nice , i ended up buying joms. fronts probably abit low, ive raised it about 38 mm so far and will need to adjust again before going for alignment. did you remove the rear adjusters?

·
Registered
2008 Astra Twintop 1.8
615 Posts
No, rear adjusters are still on there. Had to take the lower rubber perch off though.

Automotive tire Coil Paint Gas Wood

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
this is after a few miles, had to use it tonight and no more time to adjust. as you can see it needs abit more adjusting, fronts are dodgey? going to lift the front alittle, i was consisering removing the rear adjusters but looking the at picture now, maybe not lol.
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Window
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2008 Astra Twintop 1.8
615 Posts
I had to raise my rears up quite a bit, was just too low otherwise. Looking at yours, the rears look OK, but the front needs to come up a lot!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts