Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. Just joined the site. I got a ZUS code reader. Fairly good. It brought up some codes P0106 P0171 and P0227. I’ve change the MAF, changed the the ignition coil pack, changed the oil filter switch and the Oxygen sensor up flow. Only thing I haven’t done is the injectors.
Anybody else had the same problems and found a solution as the engine management light is still on after all those fixes.
Appreciate all the help.

·
Worn Out Member
9,480 Posts
I'm sure you know what car and engine you have but the rest of us don't

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you clear the codes first and then see if they come back before chasing a fault which may/may not exist?
I did yes. It’s an a10xep engine for the sarcastic lot. 1.0 12v. The engine management light remains on like I said. My only next try is replacing or refurbing the injectors. After that I’m lost. Also the car tends to idle badly between 10-2000 revs and then as the engine gets hotter it over revs. All I know at this point.

·
Worn Out Member
9,480 Posts
It’s an a10xep engine for the sarcastic lot. 1.0 12v.
Sarcastic,yes sometimes, but i thought my question was quite straightforward-------
what car and engine ?
so we're 50% of the way there,I'm guessing Corsa D ?
The P0106 is for the map sensor/sensor circuit but i see no mention by you of it being checked at all,
i can't see the P0227 as being relevant to that engine,so is it a typo or your code reader not up to reading it correctly ?

Reactions: andy_v

·
Premium Member
4,171 Posts
It’s an a10xep engine for the sarcastic lot. 1.0 12v.
When you have been on here longer, you will get sarcastic when you see the number of posts where vehicle details are not shown, actual fault codes are not shown, and the full story is not given!
If people want help, give the full story, or it's guesswork!

Reactions: andy_v

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When you have been on here longer, you will get sarcastic when you see the number of posts where vehicle details are not shown, actual fault codes are not shown, and the full story is not given!
If people want help, give the full story, or it's guesswork!
I know. Sorry guys but I’m autistic so I do tend to let my mind wander so I forget things and my fingers just tips away sometimes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sarcastic,yes sometimes, but i thought my question was quite straightforward-------
what car and engine ?
so we're 50% of the way there,I'm guessing Corsa D ?
The P0106 is for the map sensor/sensor circuit but i see no mention by you of it being checked at all,
i can't see the P0227 as being relevant to that engine,so is it a typo or your code reader not up to reading it correctly ?
Yes sorry it’s a typo. P2270 it should’ve been. Where is the MAP sensor. Thought it was the MAF sensor as a friend recommended I change that first to see if it fixes it.

·
Worn Out Member
9,480 Posts
Does your scanner show map live data at all ?
the codes all tie together as likely the same issue,so i'd suggest putting your original maf back on as the replacement was a cheepy,and the sensor code is for the downstraem one.

P0171 Fuel Trim System Lean

P0106 Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) Sensor Performance

P2270 HO2S Signal Stuck Lean Sensor 2

·
Worn Out Member
9,480 Posts
The app does give me how to and what the problem is but I’ve sorted everything apart from the injectors. View attachment 103222
But that's just it,you haven't sorted everything but the injectors,
unless you've now checked the map sensor and rectified the issue since your last post.

·
Registered
2008 Astra Twintop 1.8 Z18XER
729 Posts
Vauxhalls don't like non-genuine parts. Cheap parts have been known to either not make any difference where a genuine one would have, or even make the issue worse.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts