Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this code and a little research and pic (attached) leads me to believe a wiring harness is disconnected producing the error code:(
Does anyone know if this is causing my error? This is the only error showing through Torque Pro app... also has anyone deleted their runner swirl valves or cleaned them with success.?
Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,324 Posts
That code does not exist for this engine code. I think. Its a false code caused by torque.

Try the pedal trick and see what ecn codes come up In the mileage lcd.

·
Worn Out Member
8,947 Posts
Reactions: Fred Bassett

·
Worn Out Member
8,947 Posts
lol (y)

Reactions: CruzzieQ

·
Registered
105 Posts
You had a previous post on the same code,the car is an Saturn Astra and not knowing anything about the Saturn versions i'm not totally convinced it is a Z18XER engine that's fitted,doing a bit of googling the code does come up on the Saturn forums as an issue.
http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180323
http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177434
Hi Valer - US & Canadian Astra were only sold in 2008 & 2009.

They only had the z18xer but it is slightly modified due to emissions differences. And to put the steering wheel on the wrong side.

·
Worn Out Member
8,947 Posts
Hi Saturn,Excellent,and the code does appear to be emissions related so it would explain why it doesn't appear on the EU versions

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Saturn,Excellent,and the code does appear to be emissions related so it would explain why it doesn't appear on the EU versions
Hi Valer, this Astra was built in
Hi Valer, I cleaned the MAF, Throttle body and replaced the EVAP PURGE solenoid (under bonnet valve$$$)... I still cant figure the D___ code:mad:

FYI this Astra was built in Germany link to my VIN :

Make Saturn
Model Astra
Trim Level XE 5-Door
Manufactured in GERMANY
Production Seq. Number 083671
Body Style SEDAN 4-DR
Engine Type 1.8L L4 DOHC 16V
Transmission-short 4A | 5M
Transmission-long 4-Speed Automatic | 5-Speed Manual
Driveline FWD
Tank 12.20
Fuel Economy-city 24
Fuel Economy-highway 30 - 32
Anti-Brake System 4-Wheel ABS
Steering Type R&P
Front Brake Type Disc

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That code does not exist for this engine code. I think. Its a false code caused by torque.

Hi Marks152... finally got out tonite and did the pedal trick and dash showed a code 1221?
What would be the fix for 1221 code? Maybe P065E isn't applicable?
Thanks

·
Registered
105 Posts
US and Euro codes may differ.

I would recommend that you go to one of those big auto parts stores as they can read your codes for free. Some of the AutoZone will provide a detailed printout with problem and suggested fix; some of the O'Reillies have a slick Bosch unit. Neither are Tech2 quality but may help you track down your issue.

I don't see P1221 for Astra but generally see in US codes as "Throttle Position Sensor" or "Fuel Pump Secondary Circuit Low".

With the Saturn Astra, "Throttle Position Sensor" codes are very common but "fuel pump" issues are very rare. The first might put your car in limp mode, using excess fuel and reducing performance.

"Throttle Position Sensor" codes are often from water migrating inside the black electrical box under the bonnet (just behind the battery). Happened to me two or three times and is an easy fix. The feeble cover sometimes pops off, the O-ring is not too robust, or maybe water comes in from below where wires enter. To fix, I disconnect the battery, remove the black box cover, remove the board/cleaned/dried overnight, replaced the board.

As an alternative, a few guys had replaced or cleaned the electrical contacts by the pedal.

If those does not solve your issues, here are some diagnosis steps for that unusual P065E code:

https://www.justanswer.com/saturn/59wm1-saturn-astra-xr-08-astra-sr-1-8l-setting-code-p065e.html

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
US and Euro codes may differ.

I would recommend that you go to one of those big auto parts stores as they can read your codes for free. Some of the AutoZone will provide a detailed printout with problem and suggested fix; some of the O'Reillies have a slick Bosch unit. Neither are Tech2 quality but may help you track down your issue.

I don't see P1221 for Astra but generally see in US codes as "Throttle Position Sensor" or "Fuel Pump Secondary Circuit Low".

With the Saturn Astra, "Throttle Position Sensor" codes are very common but "fuel pump" issues are very rare. The first might put your car in limp mode, using excess fuel and reducing performance.

"Throttle Position Sensor" codes are often from water migrating inside the black electrical box under the bonnet (just behind the battery). Happened to me two or three times and is an easy fix. The feeble cover sometimes pops off, the O-ring is not too robust, or maybe water comes in from below where wires enter. To fix, I disconnect the battery, remove the black box cover, remove the board/cleaned/dried overnight, replaced the board.

As an alternative, a few guys had replaced or cleaned the electrical contacts by the pedal.

If those does not solve your issues, here are some diagnosis steps for that unusual P065E code:

https://www.justanswer.com/saturn/59wm1-saturn-astra-xr-08-astra-sr-1-8l-setting-code-p065e.html

Thanks, Saturn sounds like a plan:) I bought some electrical cleaner today and I will do both pedal and fuse box as soon as the rain lets up.
Thanks for all your help:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts