Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

Code 49 and Code 85

6K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  cav TD gls 
#1 ·
Hi.. had a good search on here but not coming up with anyone who has a code 49 "Battery supply to Engine Control Unit - High Voltage".. This is on a 94 1.8i cavalier.. Also battery light stays on and brightens when reved. Also noticed that if you rev to 3000rpm then the revs do not drop down again and the orange engine managment light stays on..

Wife also said that other random light came on when she was out in it today..

Also dont understand the code 85 "Immobiliser - Wrong signal" as it starts and runs OK..

Any ideas?

Neil.

#4 ·
Was that other random light the battery light?

I would concur with faulty voltage regulator and would investigate this area first.

Do you have any 'crazy electric' faults such as headlamp intensity flickering from very bright to very low etc?

Alternator output should be no greater than 15v at the most (i think it should be no more than 14.7 ish)

#5 ·
battery/Alternator light is on all the time.. The other lights that came on when it was driven were the engine managment light and the airbag light..

When you say it could be the voltage regulator... Is this separate to the alternator? I thought it was part of it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.