Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have had a code 4 come up on car, in the manual it says air con is off, what does that mean? The engine has started to overheat because of this. Any help gratefully received

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does it mean that the air con needs to be recharged?? I don't think its ever been done in a service before. Well nobody did the spark plugs, so they definitely didnt service air con!! But would that cause the code 4?

·
No Longer An Active Member
5,053 Posts
It obviously implies there's a fault with the A/C system How old is the car? The A/C should be recharged every two years - is your car older than that? However, an A/C fault should not be causing the engine to overheat - they are two separate systems.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It obviously implies there's a fault with the A/C system How old is the car? The A/C should be recharged every two years - is your car older than that? However, an A/C fault should not be causing the engine to overheat - they are two separate systems.
its just over 3 years old, in the manual it says code 4 - air con off

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my boyfriend has just come back in and he said the temp was right up, he went to book it in at halfords and when he left he turned the air con on and the temp stayed on normal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I have the same car and the code 4 has appeared. Did you ever find the problem please? I have had a recent service and air con been recharged in august. Thanks any help appreciated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts