Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Noticed it today.

2k revs in 4th and put foot down. She revved upto 3.5k and then bit allowing full power reducing revs back to 2.5. Like she was gliding for a few seconds.

1st and second she flies as normal. No slipping.

Is this clutch on way out?

Cheers

90k miles
Petrol
2.2 direct
M32 refurbed 3yrs ago

·
Registered
13 Posts
Seems like the clutch to me. I had similar issues, no slipping in any gear but 3rd and 4th, but even then only occasionally. The clutch and DMF were on their last leg, cost a small fortune to replace, but 0 problems since.

Have it checked out by a reputable service.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers bud. Just Contacted the place I got my m32 done and it's £640 luk fitted.

Think I'll have to keep an eye on it and scrap nearer the end of her life.

·
Vendor
14 Posts
Does your clutch need replacing? Here all you need to know.

At MicksGarage we stock a wide range of Clutch Kits, some of the best brands, fitted as original equipment by the vehicle manufacturers such as Sachs, Valeo and LUK. Selecting your car make you can get the exact Clutch that suits better your vehicle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does your clutch need replacing? Here all you need to know.

At MicksGarage we stock a wide range of Clutch Kits, some of the best brands, fitted as original equipment by the vehicle manufacturers such as Sachs, Valeo and LUK. Selecting your car make you can get the exact Clutch that suits better your vehicle.
thanks for sharing the guide, i've an astra and its my first car so I am quite a noob atm.

·
Premium Member
855 Posts
thanks for sharing the guide, i've an astra and its my first car so I am quite a noob atm.
Just go on a big hill and floor it you'll easy be able to tell if clutch going £640 for clutch is way too much find a local independent alot of garages i use let me buy my own parts to save even more money

1 - 6 of 6 Posts