Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, had my clutch changed on my zafira 1.9 07 plate diesel.
When l picked the car up the steering wheel was off centre now the esp light is on constant
anyone any ideas

·
Super Moderator
26,615 Posts
Most likely a bolt isn’t back into it's exact position it was before the work was done , my Skoda was the same as yours ( steering off centre ) a bolt from a steering component that was located in the wishbone was 1/2 a mill out to the right , loosened off then a tap with a mallet & tightened back up & hey presto steering wheel back to normal again.
Remember an awful lot of parts have to be removed when doing a clutch & it’s easy to put a bolt back in slightly in the wrong position within it’s hole.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Like others have said I'd suggest the rack is probably a couple if splines out. I've always dropped the rack with the subframe fine it easier tbh.. how far out is it? Did they do alignment after the car was fixed. I'd suggest taking it back get them to track it and reset the steering angle sensor

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Miss aligned subframe or they removed way more than needed to 🤔 the steering wheel might have been removed too and put back pissed..

My work vectra was suffering with out of line steering wheel when I bought it. Last owner said had a new. Clutch so realignment of the subframe and remove the airbag to see if the markings line up on the splines (disconnect the batter for half hour first and you may need to undo the bolt holding the wheel on to see the markings)

Another thing is is the subframe was fully removed then it is possible the steering rack dropped enough to fall out of the shaft and therefore miss aligned when refitting.. I know that particular possibility as it happened to me with my astra h turbo last year.. Should be tied up in place before hand 😂

Reactions: bar72 and davoc220
1 - 7 of 7 Posts