Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Been lurking here for a good while, Already gone through the Head Gasket & Oil cooler change @ 110K :cry: then had the internal heater matrix leak & fail pressure test, so replaced, then the bypass valve leaked so was replaced.

Now the missus drives the car and said when work was done all fine.... Now I am using the car at 118K and basically the climate control is all over the shop. Basic symptoms are When set LOW both drivers & passengers are COLD (Not icy tho) but drivers starts off warm/hot depending how long car has been running. Noticed that when I turn to climate OFF then back ON the air recirc button blinks on/off (got to be quick to see it) then whenever you take the driver temp above 18 all you get is HOT air. Also when I try using the directional controls it's piss poor at demisting the windscreen, when I set for vents I get no air just a roar from the passenger side, when use feet & windscreen get windscreen & vents & when feet, think I get feet though not sure! (Missus always had Climate on AUTO!) Also when I turn off the Aircon get the "--" on the display.

Therefore I believe that certain items have not been puit back correctly when the controls were removed for the internal heater replacement.

So my question is what can I do to check any of the above faults? I've performed the "Reset" by holding down On & Auto when I switch on the ignition and I here some valves reset on the far left of the passenger side, but can't hear anything from the centre of the car (would assume this is where the main selection for air direction goes?). I think that the vacuum pipes have been totaly reconnected incorrectly for one point and that maybe a cabin sensor for the heat problem? If so what controls the vacuum pipes (air con panel?) and where are the cabin sensors?????

Sorry for such a lengthy first request for info.

Next Job .... replacing the front wishbones. (Just replace the rear air shockers)

This is one Expensive hobby!!!! Looking after Elites that is

Regards

Carl

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi, have you tried restting the climate control, hold down auto and off together and you should hear the motors resetting themselves.
p.s. replaced the wishbones and drop links on mine the other weekend, easier to remove the calipers, discs and steering knuckle, have done it with and without removing these bits amd removal is definately easier.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, but I have tried this (see original post) without any joy, although I only held the buttons in until I heard some of the valves moving & then released. I'll try holding it in longer & see if that helps.

Do the vacuum tubes go into the climate control panel? if so I think I'll pop it off & see what goes where, if not where do they connect ? as I'd like to check them out.

Regards

Carl

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thanks for the reply, but I have tried this (see original post) without any joy, although I only held the buttons in until I heard some of the valves moving & then released. I'll try holding it in longer & see if that helps.

Do the vacuum tubes go into the climate control panel? if so I think I'll pop it off & see what goes where, if not where do they connect ? as I'd like to check them out.

Regards

Carl
I believe the the climate is vaccuum controlled but I never removed my panel so I can't be certain. I'm sure one of the experts will be along with an answer soon.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My elite is the other way round.All i get is cold air even when climate is set to hi.Changed matrix,rad pipes.Had it flushed several times.

Not looking forward to winter

Any ideas chaps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.