Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
StudentMechanic
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
just wondering if anyone has experienced this similar issue. Over the past 3 days my Meriva has recently started making a random metal plate/clank noise when changing between 1st & 2nd yet there are no symptoms, no juddering/grinding/jerking... Nothing the car drives sweet as a nut and no noise with other gears, and it's not always during every gear change, it's kind of predictable but not completely.... No way its the clutch it had a brand new one In November/December

Any insight/experience is greatly appreciated,
thank you

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
;) koi or m32guy are your experts on this hopefully they will have some feedback, wonder if its got something to do with the gear linkage wearing, have you checked that area?

·
StudentMechanic
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
;) koi or m32guy are your experts on this hopefully they will have some feedback, wonder if its got something to do with the gear linkage wearing, have you checked that area?
cheers hun, hopefully someone will get back to me, I don't think it's the gear linkage as I've just had that done but saying that I had the rod done got the bearings but weren't fitted so there's a possibility? :) they didn't need doing at the time

·
14,127 Posts
The Meriva linkage is two cables and clonky at the best of times.
Front engine mounting worth a check.

·
Premium Member
837 Posts
Maybe the synchro is wearing out. Try double declutching when cold to avoid the crunch in the mornings after that a bit slower with the gearchange 1st to 2nd. Keeps and older car going for longer.

·
StudentMechanic
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks all I have fixed the problem

aha never guess what it was... Popped open my bonnet tried rocking my engine whilst it was cold making sure it wasn't a loose mount, no movement brilliant.... But oh look my bonnet support bar unclipped and half loose in the front of my engine.....

the bloody thing hasn't been clicked back into It's clip :LOL: anyways clicked it back on not another peep, obviously happy it was nothing serious (y)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.