Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

So I recently bought a 2007 1.4 Sxi Astra.

I have owned it for approximately 3 weeks, after 10 days an issue arose where the battery light flashes, the abs light is on, I have a spanner light on, the rev counter is jumping up and down and the speedo and odometer don't work.

I had the front left hub assembly changed as I was told this could be the issue but the fault is still there, the local independent garage think it could be Abs Pump, Cim module or ecu related.

The car was cheap and is just a 2nd motor as down to the age I don't want to put loads of money in, but it's in otherwise great condition and only on 70k for a 14 Yr old car.

Anyone got any ideas what this is likely to be?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They said they couldn't read any codes, but I hooked it up to opcom previously and got the following.

U2108 - CAN-Bus no Communication with ABS/TC
(70) - Present

U2104 - CAN-Bus Reset Counter Overrun
(00) - Present

P0500 - Vehicle Speed Signal Range/Performance
(72) - Present

(70) - Present

(71) - Present

·
Registered
206 Posts
Power grounds and can lines check then you can conclude either the module dead or any other problem as bad fuses, plugs, broken wires, loose pins, etc. Plenty to check.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Power grounds and can lines check then you can conclude either the module dead or any other problem as bad fuses, plugs, broken wires, loose pins, etc. Plenty to check.
OK I will get a look at the wiring etc first thing tomorrow and go from there, hopefully I can find the issue.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So did you unplug the ABS, looks like abs module failure to me which is crashing the Canbus.
Not had a chance yet, been busy but am gonna have a look in the morning, will unplug it and see if all the other faults dissappear.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not had a chance yet, been busy but am gonna have a look in the morning, will unplug it and see if all the other faults dissappear.
OK so I've unplugged the abs module, all other faults dissappear except abs light and spanner light obvs. So does this point to me needing a replacement abs module. Also as a side note at the same time this fault occurred I started experiencing hesitation and juddering at low speed in 1st and 2nd gear is this likely related or another issue. No other fault codes present.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, replacement modules are plug and play, just match the ident and part number.
So the number off the pump itself or off the module, my current module has no visible markings but the cylinder part has a number 13246534 and BK on it, is this the number to match?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes use that number and ident code, there are loads on ebay,...
Great cheers, will get one ordered. Do you think the juddering at low speed is linked as it happened at the same time or just coincidence. Its like when I'm cruising at low speed on traffic and then slightly press the accelerator it's hesitant like it's going to stall. Or is this something else maybe coil pack?

·
Premium Member
15,536 Posts
It could be related, if the wheel speed sensors are not working properly then the TC will try to cut in causing a momentary drop in power.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sorry for the delay, been waiting for parts etc. OK changed the pump and module over for a numbers matching unit from ebay, flushed the fluid and bled the brakes, fired her up and all the errors disappeared. Got my speedo back etc.

Took her for a spin, driving great no judder any more, but I've got the spanner light come back on. I think I've cleared all the codes with opcom but that spanner light remains on, cars driving perfectly though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OK the code I've got is 148104, I believe this could be a faulty relay, any ideas which one to look at or if it could be anything else, am I OK to drive her!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts