Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me where i can get an upgraded ecu (re-mapped eprom) from as i have the chip but i made a bit of a mess with the ecu that i bought for this without messing up my own. I managed to get the old eprom chip out and soldered a new chip bed to the pcb so i could change chips if i wanted to without resoldering. To cut a drawn out story down to size the car would not start,should have checked it worked before i messed with it i suppose.
And i was really proud of myself just before it didn't start.

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Besides paying for someone to fit the chip to your ECU, I think you're best bet will probably be ebay or small ads on sites like this one. I think your car has the Motronic 2.8 ECU (distributorless ignition), so ECUs from earlier XE powered cavaliers (like GSi's) will not be suitable.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Funny you should mention that about earlier xe powered gsi's, the ecu that i bought was from a 91/92 model and the numbers were a lot different too.Did not know earlier models had conventional distributors.Should have done me homework.
I was thinking of a different ecu not vauxhall.As these measure throttle angle rather than the amout of air going through the air meter,supposedly.

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Lots of places to try for a programmable ECU. They should at least be able to point you in the right direction:

SBD
V-Tuning
Courtenay
Regal

I was looking about for one of these when I had plans for throttle bodies - didn't have a mortgage then though :shame:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.