Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know or have a mama's and papa's freestyler with babyseat?

and do they fit the omega?

i've had it checked once but, i'm not confident she knew what she was doing, as at first she attempted to fit it backwards!!

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
By Baby seat, then I assume that you mean the Primo Viaggio car seat.

I can confirm that this does fit.

It will fit the Passenger side, the center (if you have a Lap AND Diagonal, NOT ON LAP) and the drivers side rear.

DO NOT fit it to the front passenger seat if the vehicle has a passenger airbag.

To fit is quite simple.

Put the base only in the car, on the seat. clip the belt in, and put the lap part of the belt across the top of the base, hooking it under the retaining hooks. then pull the diagonal part of the belt out of the way, and clip the car seat onto the base (there should be a solid clunk as the catch engages), then clip this part of the belt into the clip on the rear of the car seat, this is below the handle on the back that releases it from the base, chassis, pushchair.

I know this to be true, as we have had Primo's for all about the last 4years, and have one for our next baby (due anytime in the next 4wks). We have tried it in the Omega, and it fits fine.

This was one of the reasons that we bought the car, and one of the requirements that it had to meet.

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you used and old design primo viaggio?

i've had the car tested to fit the old base and they weren't confident that it was the correct angle because of the laid back position,

i then had the new base fitted, but the woman was fitting it back to front at first took me 3 attempts to point this out to her? stupid bint,

i'm gonna have a second opinion i think!

can anyone confirm that it is safe to use a rear facing child seat in the front of the omega? i was told they had a pressure switch for the passenger airbag

by the way ours is due may 20th not far off from yours :D

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
DO NOT PUT ANY CHILD SEAT IN TEH FRONT OF THE OMEGA

The Seat occupancy detection was an expensive addition that worked with a Vauxhall supplied transponder car seat, the transponder used to disable the passenger airbag (there was an orange light on teh dash to say it was off).

The Primo does fit, both the old and new reclinable base fit, I have tried both, and they both fit.

This was confirmed both by M&P, and an independant car seat fitting center.

Just need to make sure that are fitted correctly.

The hooks that the lap part of the belt goes into need to have the opening to the front of the vheilce, this is stop the seat ejecting the base in the event of a colision.

This was a problem that they had with teh new style bases, they were withdrawn from sale, as they found if the base was titlted by turning the knob, then the seat could be ejected in impacts over 40mph

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
never have put one in front seat and i'll make sure i dont know thanks

second opinion it is then, were kinda stuck on getting a freestyler so was very dissapointed when two different sales staff tell us it dont fit old or new.

more pestering is on the cards!

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
They are idiots,

The Primo defo fits the Omega. I know, we have done it!

Our local stockist will not sell us a car seat unless he personally tries it int he vehicle, and he fits it himself, and is very blunt, if its no then its no!

He is very happy with the fit of it in the Omega.

Just one thought, is yours Facelift? Mine is pre, so maybe the seats were slightly different......mark....?

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no mines on a N plate so they should be the same!

sorry about the accident bud, glad your all ok.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts