Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having troubles locating suppliers in the South West. My trucks bed needs to be recovered. Delivered a GSi today, and part of the checkplate has collapsed, clearly not thick enough for the job.

Also, anyone got any ideas on the kind of cost I should be expecting?

·
Vxon's car whore
12,318 Posts
Dude, i used to work for a steel fabricator in bristol that used a lot of durbar (chequerplate) worst comes to the worst, i can go down if you have some sizes, i can see what i can do (if its not too much, i can deliver it for you as well)

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
blotto_otto said:
Dude, i used to work for a steel fabricator in bristol that used a lot of durbar (chequerplate) worst comes to the worst, i can go down if you have some sizes, i can see what i can do (if its not too much, i can deliver it for you as well)

that would be top stuff. Ok, I'll get some measurements down and post them tomorrow, delivery aint a problem because I can use the Transit and strap it all down.

At the moment the whole beavertail is covered, but this time to save on weight and cost, I might just cover the parts that the car actually drives/drags onto and leave the centre bare.

:Cool2:

·
Vxon's car whore
12,318 Posts
Galahad said:
that would be top stuff. Ok, I'll get some measurements down and post them tomorrow, delivery aint a problem because I can use the Transit and strap it all down.

At the moment the whole beavertail is covered, but this time to save on weight and cost, I might just cover the parts that the car actually drives/drags onto and leave the centre bare.

:Cool2:
Quite a few recovery motors only have the two sides plated to save weight so aint uncommon. Okies, shall wait for your measurments and get down to the shop!

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok mate, if I just first of all go for a cost on a direct replacement for whats there, then if that works out too pricey, then I'll go down the route of just plating where the wheels sit.

2 Pieces needed.

1m 25cmsX2m 8cm Both same size. I don't care if its old or new, whatever is cheaper at the end of the day, its an E reg Transit which I don't want to throw money at, its worth £1400 with a years ticket and it'll never be worth more than that for as long as it lives. :Cool2:

·
Vxon's car whore
12,318 Posts
ok, ill pop down tomorrow morning, how thick do you want? starting at 3mm, 4.5mm, 5mm, 6mm and thats the stuff that can be cut by a guilotine. 6mm is quite strong and iirc not exactly on the dear side so i will get you a quote in 4.5 and 6mm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts