Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
Sorry I don't have anything constructive to add here but I'm just curious about something.

Do these vans not come up with the message injection system fault rather than injector system fault? The older ones did (n)
Where are you based M32Guy, thanks.

·
13,725 Posts
Contact details

He's not been on here for a while though, probably haggis hunting season.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2015 vivaro and have the same messages coming up. When I put a fault reader on comes up with p0101 (mass air flow) changed that with a genuine one and fault still come back. Did have a exhaust pressure sensor so changed that to and fault still came on. Did think about cleaning egr but near to impossible to get to so gave up with that...
Now reading here thinking of trying the boost pressure sensor but would this cause the p0101 code?? Help!!!

Thanks!?;?

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have a 2015 vivaro and have the same messages coming up. When I put a fault reader on comes up with p0101 (mass air flow) changed that with a genuine one and fault still come back. Did have a exhaust pressure sensor so changed that to and fault still came on. Did think about cleaning egr but near to impossible to get to so gave up with that...
Now reading here thinking of trying the boost pressure sensor but would this cause the p0101 code?? Help!!!

Thanks!?;?
Its not the pressure sensor sensor, but the pipe its connected to.

It becomes blocked with carbon/soot.

Take the sensor off and push a bit of stiff wire down the pipe to clear it.

Mine needs it every 20,000 mile or so.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Thanks for the reply.
I actually did try that and I think it did take longer for the light to come on but still did after a couple miles. Maybe I didn't do it enough. Do you know if it easy to take off?
Or if this could cause the fault code p0101 maf sensor.
Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts

Hi, sorry for the delay with all this COVID nonsense going on administration gone on back burner. My fault was eventually traced to a sensor that did not relate to where the data readout was pointing to. Looked nationally for one of these sensors, non stocked! and had to wait months for another. Scrap yard in the end, £45. got me thinking if these sensors prone to fault and taken off shelf? I was told vauxhall had redesigned them!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi, sorry for the delay with all this COVID nonsense going on administration gone on back burner. My fault was eventually traced to a sensor that did not relate to where the data readout was pointing to. Looked nationally for one of these sensors, non stocked! and had to wait months for another. Scrap yard in the end, £45. got me thinking if these sensors prone to fault and taken off shelf? I was told vauxhall had redesigned them!
Yes, mechanic also mentioned pipe being blocked, so whether he was trying to keep face because my final bill was over £500! and blamed a third and final sensor, who knows? people are put on trust.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes, mechanic also mentioned pipe being blocked, so whether he was trying to keep face because my final bill was over £500! and blamed a third and final sensor, who knows? people are put on trust.
Sensor positioned to the rear of the screen water reservoir. If you want more info and picture of the sensor, pop me a mail, bye

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've had pipe off cleaned out but was fine and light came back on after..
Going to try changing the map sensor next.. dont know what else to do but just change a sensor at a time and hopefully find the problem!!!

·
Registered
325 Posts
I've had pipe off cleaned out but was fine and light came back on after..
Going to try changing the map sensor next.. dont know what else to do but just change a sensor at a time and hopefully find the problem!!!
And you checked the nozzle on the manifold was clear? The little connector pipe.

·
Registered
4 Posts
And you checked the nozzle on the manifold was clear? The little connector pipe.
Nozzle? I've just fitted the map sensor so will see if light comes back on tomorrow. Wanted to remove the pipes for it to, to make sure they were clear but were very difficult to get to so left them.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts