Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks Alvin, I think the hose may well be the sound i'm having. And ill definitely call and check tomorrow on the way taking it there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My vivaro has the same messages as yous have had, it’s booked in to the garage. Was just wondering was yours covered under the 3 years manufactures warranty? Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
All the work carried out as stated in this thread by myself was covered under the warranty.
To check if you have any outstanding recalls before you book it in use the 'My Vauxhall' App.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, was following this thread with interest as mine has same fault titles on my 2014 Bi-Turbo 1.6L. I booked into garage they replaced an EPF sensor? (£165.00 worth, from vauxhall only!) need to check that one, left invoice in the van. Collected following day and the same faults re-occured. Did think of pointing garage in this direction but hate telling people their job and trusted in their expertease. Have to ring them today as I think they are going to say I need another part! Tell you the truth, half expected this nonsense. Avoided Vauxhaul as I have never trusted them. My vans warranty expired December 2017, fauly occured February 2018 with less than 30,000 on the clock

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, was following this thread with interest as mine has same fault titles on my 2014 Bi-Turbo 1.6L. I booked into garage they replaced an EPF sensor? (£165.00 worth, from vauxhall only!) need to check that one, left invoice in the van. Collected following day and the same faults re-occured. Did think of pointing garage in this direction but hate telling people their job and trusted in their expertease. Have to ring them today as I think they are going to say I need another part! Tell you the truth, half expected this nonsense. Avoided Vauxhaul as I have never trusted them. My vans warranty expired December 2017, fauly occured February 2018 with less than 30,000 on the clock
Hi, I am new to the board but have been reading the issue with interest as my 2015 Bi-turbo MiniBus has both messages appeared on the console, (Check Anti-Polution system and Check Injector system). The Van is booked in to Thurlow Nunn for 25,000ml Service and fault check, but I was wondering if the issue has been resolved. I do have an OBD11 diagnostic unit which states the fault (P0417), Secondry Air System short circuit.

So does anyone know what that relates to, I have checked the Haynes and there looks to be a Pump and pneumatic valve somewhere but need directions please ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Since having the sensor replaced we have not had a repeat of the issue, so it seems the sensor was the issue. install the 'My Vauxhall' app and check if there are any recalls due on your vehicles, if so get them done at the same time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Paul, my only advice read the thread started by AlvinR40. I wrote down all information on this down and took to my mechanic in the garage yesterday. I will write further if there is anything to report

·
Registered
8 Posts
All my recalls have been done within warranty Alvin, all 8 of them! Mine is a 2014 model and I am hopeful that the information your thread has furnished will guide my mechanic as he has replaced a sensor that did not clear the fault. He said information I gave him yesterday was informative so fingers crossed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
One thing I will add, and it is probably not the case, I ran low on fuel and had to pull into a motorway service station and pay an astronomical price per litre for Diesel Ultimate (BP, I think). There has been talk of sooting up and contaminating sensors in this thread, has this anything to do with this problem in my case? My fault came about after this diesel. The diesel I put in was just enough to get me to a Tesco forecourt for regular, cheaper diesel, the following day. Started it up in the morning, drove to tesco, filled up, engine management light came up with messages previously discussed.

·
Registered
287 Posts
One thing I will add, and it is probably not the case, I ran low on fuel and had to pull into a motorway service station and pay an astronomical price per litre for Diesel Ultimate (BP, I think). There has been talk of sooting up and contaminating sensors in this thread, has this anything to do with this problem in my case? My fault came about after this diesel. The diesel I put in was just enough to get me to a Tesco forecourt for regular, cheaper diesel, the following day. Started it up in the morning, drove to tesco, filled up, engine management light came up with messages previously discussed.

Stop being cheap, your van had gone from good fuel to nasty fuel, that’s why your getting message, and you should never let your tank get below the first bar that way no crap will get sucked up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Roofline, wrong way around, regular diesel to Ultimate. So you are telling me you put £1.35 a litre fuel in! I had no choice on fill up because all regular had gone. There are instances when a vehicle will run low, your type of advice sheds no knowledge on this problem, read the thread! This is atypical with these type of forums, ignorant comments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks All,
l'll give the garage a chance to rectify the fault, as the guarantee is until 31 March so should be good for any updates etc, I have had the high pressure hose replaced last year and informed there are no further updates for my Bus.

It does seem rather vague that the Vivaro is telling me to check something and there is no information on how to go about it and where to find it ...!

Pp

·
Registered
287 Posts
Roofline, wrong way around, regular diesel to Ultimate. So you are telling me you put £1.35 a litre fuel in! I had no choice on fill up because all regular had gone. There are instances when a vehicle will run low, your type of advice sheds no knowledge on this problem, read the thread! This is atypical with these type of forums, ignorant comments
It’s a modern engine that only runs on sensors, when you run it on mostly bio fuel cheap fuel it will read the sensors to make sure lifes working as it should, then you put in cleaner fuel, it burns hotter and cleaner. Then goes back to bio fuel and sensor notice the difference.

2 out of 3 of mates new transits been in for work thanks to bio fuel

·
Registered
8 Posts
Roofline, who mentioned Bio fuel? Are you aware there is more than one type of diesel? Diesel is a liquid fuel that is used in diesel engines. It is commonly derived from crude oil. Biodiesel is a fuel developed from vegetable oil or animal fat and works in a diesel engine. These fuels are made as greener and cleaner alternatives to petrol and diesel. Is this what you mean by biofuel? if it is I would not entertain running a nearly new vehicle on it. BP do a regular diesel, the kind you will get at your supermarket forecourts and Ultimate, with so called improving additives. Personally I think it is a load of ****, the only thing Ultimate is the price. Perhaps it may be a good fuel for high performance diesel vehicles, for a 1.6L van......no. I've seen a vehicle pulling off in a smoke screen of smoke using biofuel, smelt like a chip shop on a Saturday night!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just linked up to another forum, 'Disqus', not good reading. Injectors have been brought up in discussion. I guess in my ignorance I was avoiding buying a Renault because of a problem I came across. So I bought a Vauxhall. How pleased was I when I noticed glass, metal panels, battery etc etc all stamped with Renault! i have been dreading this type of problem and anything Injector related, hopefully it may be a relatively simple fix as AlvinR40

·
Registered
8 Posts
Collected my van yesterday, told fault cleared, 200M down road "Check Injection system" (Spanner light on), not got the "check anti-pollution system" message up yet. So sensors changed, DPF pressure sensor and pipes (1st attempted repair, £213.00, inc labour), Exhaust pressure sensor (2nd attempted repair, though anti-pollution message not coming up yet, £207.00, inc labour). I forwarded details of AlvinR40 problem, my mechanic says turbo boost pressure good, so getting puzzled now. One thing I do note is that this problem always starts with check injection system, also noted when anti pollution message appears the check injection system message sometimes does not come up. Is this an indication to something mechanic is missing? I have explained this to him.

Probably time for me to dig out my mechanic overalls again, can anyone advise on handbook for this type of vehicle please, need some direction, Haynes go up to 2011 model.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just to let you all Know that my 2015 Vivaro 1.6 bi-turbo MiniBus went in to Thurlow Nunn (kings Lynn) last thursday to check for the Anti-pollution system check error ! They solved the problem which turned out to be the Exhaust pressure sensor !

I also had a 25,000ml service and first MOT, the MOT was on offer for £27.43 and they also gave me a 1 Years subscription to the RAC , Home start, recovery and the whole deal. Superb result.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Just to let you all Know that my 2015 Vivaro 1.6 bi-turbo MiniBus went in to Thurlow Nunn (kings Lynn) last thursday to check for the Anti-pollution system check error ! They solved the problem which turned out to be the Exhaust pressure sensor !

I also had a 25,000ml service and first MOT, the MOT was on offer for £27.43 and they also gave me a 1 Years subscription to the RAC , Home start, recovery and the whole deal. Superb result.
I guess that was a token of good will for your troubles and your piece of mind ?

It makes me worry haha they can’t be that confident in there work haha

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a message ‘check injection system’ come up on my 2015 Vivaro which got me to this forum. I had similar problems on my old Vivaro. I drive a lot around town (short journeys) and I know these vans can get issues with soot buildup which in turn can cause the Sensors to block. I’ve managed to sort mine by taking it for a blow out on the motorway and higher revs around the houses which has managed to clear the crap out and eliminate the problem. Give that a go and see if it solves it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Been having exactly the same problems as everyone else on here, 2015 1.6Bi Turbo - First off was Check Injection System and the service spanner light - AA came out and diagnosed Air Intake Sensor fault, whilst waiting for Vauxhall to fix that the Check Anti Pollution light came on as well as the engine management light.
Vauxhall had it in did the sensor and a reinstall of the software / update. Got it back home drove it for a day and the lights and messages came back on again, this time van also went into limp mode.
Back to Vauxhall where it still is three weeks later, they have changed several different sensors and the Oil Seperator so far, was told it was ready Yesterday but when they got in it to drop it off back to me the lights and messages came back on again 200yrds down the road - so it's still with them !
Thank gawd it's a fleet vehicle so I ain't paying for it all.
As and when I get it back I'll update you all as to what they did and changed.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts