Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time posting here so hopefully you can help.

I have a Vivaro 2015 BiTurbo 1.6 that has randomly started to display a "Check Injector System" message.

I have searched for this error both through Google and on this forum but have not been able to locate any information as to what causes this message and how to rectify it.

Your feed back would be gratefully appreciated.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hi there. You might be the first to have come across this so there may not be much info on it. Best get it into a dealer under its warranty. Keep us informed.

·
Premium Member
1,359 Posts
That's basically the engine management light on these vans, it's warning you it has a fault and will need to be plugged in.it doesnt mean there is a problem with the injectors......you need it plugged in to see what fault codes are present,will probs be fault with intake air sensor as done loads now, and then a new software download. it will still be under warranty won't it? take it to dealer if it is.

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
Mine recently did the same and ran like a bag of sh!t. I unplugged my MAF and left it running without it for a min then plugged it back in and it's been fine since, suggests to me this message could come from a multitude of sensors not working correctly!

·
"Red One.."
2,795 Posts
As per @Harrydog1 - lots of issues with boost sensors at the top of the engine getting fouled with oil/water and affecting the intake air temp readings. A plug in of course to confirm what's reporting the fault and a diag from there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all for your help.

This escalated last night when the Engine Management light came on with a new warning message of "Check Anti-Pollution System"

The van is now booked in tomorrow with Vauxhall to sort the issue.

I have also found out that the van is also subject to a "Product Update" which actually means they have found an issue with the High Pressure pipe and the EGR Value and need to replace them.

I will update this thread again after I finally find out what went wrong.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update:
After booking the vehicle in on Wednesday at Great Central Vauxhall (Rugby) I have only just got the vehicle back due to the After Sales Representative incorrectly advising me of the time required to complete the work and then refusing to acknowledge he even did it. (extremely poor customer service from the person I dealt with)

Back to the van:
They have carried out the "Product Update" but not replaced the EGR value as they said this was not part of the work required (I will be checking with Vauxhall Customer Service), and adjusting the towbar hitch height (which was another thing highlighted to be done by the update).

They still have not resolved the issue of the warning lights even after replacing the Turbo Pressure Sensor (which is what they thought was the issue).

Replacing the pressure sensor on the turbo to me seems a little odd considering the messages reported, does this even have anything to do with the injector system or Anti-Pollution system?

So realistically I am no better off (except for the Product update) as I still have a vehicle that has got warning messages and lights on.

They are going to speak with Vauxhall and find out what to do next.

·
"Red One.."
2,795 Posts
The warnings you're seeing on the dash are generic really, they don't specifically relate to injectors themselves, more so the system relating to fuel injection/air delivery, same for anti pollutant - anything that is affecting the build up of soot in the DPF.

I'm not surprised they replaced that sensor as it was an common issue relating to specific fault codes, along with cleaning sludge out of the intercooler too. The sensor of course does directly affect these systems as it is sensing the correct air charge pressure is entering the engine in order for the fuel to be matched to it. It's the air intake temp portion of this sensor that played up. Not sure what the latest update is in relation to this however.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nick - thank you makes more sense now.
You are right the product update and this issue are not related just coincidence that I found the update after the fault happened.

I have had someone suggest that it could be the lamda (excuse my spelling if wrong) getting damp as they have seen this before.

Could this be the issue?

·
"Red One.."
2,795 Posts
Without knowing the exact DTC's the system has stored it's hard to tell. The lambda/oxygen sensor is built into the exhaust stream and therefore a completely separate area of the engine as opposed to the intake system for that boost sensor. The bulletins relating to this latter issue only refer to 2015 vans, and as mentioned the process is a replacement (modified part number) sensor, clean out of any sludge in the intake system (this relates to moisture affecting the sensor), and by the looks of it a potential ECM update depending on VIN range too. Like I say though this all depends on the faults that were stored in the first place.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nick - Thank you
Could you let me know the bulletin numbers you are referring to as mine is a 2015 van and I would like to check to see if mine is one affected.

·
"Red One.."
2,795 Posts
If I get chance I'll check later for you :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update:
Van back in with Vauxhall

Vauxhall do not know what is causing the issue, just that the pressure measured in the turbo is not dropping as it should and that is what is causing the fault lights.

Vauxhall have given the local dealer a check list that Vauxhall say should take 4 days to complete!!!

I have given them 3 days!

Nick - Did you manage to locate the bulletin number you mentioned?

·
"Red One.."
2,795 Posts
Apologies Alvin, it completely slipped my mind. I'll make a note to check and post it on here this eve. I'm sure if VX technical are involved they're covering the bases where the bulletins are concerned.

·
"Red One.."
2,795 Posts
Here we go:

15-E-3217: Vivaro-B 1.6L Diesel - DTC P0095(64) set - Bulletin involves replacing the air intake sensor for an inproved part and cleaning any sludge buildup out of the intake system/intercooler.

15-E-3186: Vivaro-B 1.6L Diesel - DTC P0095(64) set - This one relates to a software update to the ECM.

They will have been able to see and access these codes anyways so like I say hopefully they're on it with technical.

·
"Red One.."
2,795 Posts
Might well be 'check injection', Gaz yes, always a bad translation from the French however.!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
M32Guy - They come up with "Check Injection System" and on mine I also got "Check Anti-Pollution System"

Update: Got a call from the Vauxhall Technician yesterday to say that the issue I had with Boost Pressure is no longer there and he thinks it was a faulty boost pressure sensor on the turbo. He thinks that he initially did not see the faults cleared as the van had not gone through a regen, it was only after it had been driven properly that the regen occurred and the faults cleared.

They are going to test it once more this morning and if all OK I will collect the van later today.

Thank you all for your help and advise, it had been much appreciated.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have exactly the same with mine, Purchased Yesterday. Its booked in tomorrow so hopefully it will get sorted quickly. I also have an odd loud whooshing sound from the engine on what sounds like middle to passenger side like an air intake without a filter on turbo boost. so hopefully that will get sorted tomorrow too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mines been fine since the pressure sensor was replaced. Also get them to check the high pressure hose checked as the can split. Had mine done at the same time. You can call Vauxhall customer service on 0800 026 0034 and ask them to check if there are any outstanding recalls.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts