Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gents,

euro car parts are doing 50% of oil this weekend with code HOLIDAY50.

in your opinion which one is best for my CDTI 2.0 ecoflex Insignia 61 plate.???

·
Super Moderator
26,973 Posts
The correct specification for GM Diesel engines equipped with a DPF . So although you'll see many 5W/30 fully synthetic low ash oils not all will be for GM engines .

Reactions: oberlisc

·
Super Moderator
26,973 Posts
IMG_1907.JPG
do you happen to know what the spec is Fred........i'm gonna get a bollocking here aren't i? :sneaky:
Go for this oil it meets GMW16177 specifications. Suitable for all modern GM common rail Diesel engines equipped with a turbocharger & DPF emissions control.

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
I had a bit of luck a while back, got 5 litres of Millers Trident which is Dexos 2 for 1200 nectar points and £2.49 :D happy days.

EDIT: just thought I'd better say not all Millers Trident is Dexos 2 spec.

·
Premium Member
11,599 Posts
I have 5L of GM Dexos 2 waiting in my boot for the oil change in Sept/Oct, paid £18 for it a year ago from the dealer, but it looks like more of the Vauxhall dealers around Middlesbrough are pulling out of the Trade Club, When I bought the oil I had to go to Stockton on Tees to Sherwoods, the parts bloke wouldn't accept the Trade card from here, but he took the details and gave me it on somebody else's Trade card

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
I remember about 10 years ago going to the Vauxhall dealer for a bunch of parts who had the GM 10w40 priced at £29.99 after a quick chat to him about being able to buy it closer to home for £10 he said they supplied the shop I was talking about and he then only charged me £10 for it and gave me club card discount on everything I bought that day.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
seems its just the luck of the draw. anything under 20 quid sounds good to me......

my next post will be about oil change mileage intervals.........should be interesting :cautious:

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
my next post will be about oil change mileage intervals.........should be interesting :cautious:
When I checked the van the other day with the scanner it said the Engine oil has 66% life left. I'm lead to believe that the GM oil life monitor is quite accurate but, I'll probably still change it at 25% just to be on the safe side - oil is cheap compared to engines.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts