Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok as you may have seen in othetr threads-myself and alot of my mates are moving up to bigger cars-most of us wanting rwd

even more of us dont want to get hooked into finance and soo the budget is around 3grand....soo far the list is

200sx s13 (s14 at a push but not as good)
'89 onward shape supra turbo (1.5k to buy 1.5k on head gaskets :lmao: )
manta coupe with 6pot lump (hard to get lsd,harder to fight rust)
bmw 325i E36
carlton gsi 24v
300zx 3.0 non turbo

any other ideas??
must have 4 seats apparently:Cool2:

·
15,300 Posts
I was looking at the perfect site recently, but I cant remember its name for the life of me!

Basically, it centered around cheap rwd drift cars, was called something along the lines of driftjunk, scrapdrifters, cheapdrifters, I cant bloody remember now!

·
VXons resident Priest
3,965 Posts
Just sold a 5.7 Camaro for less than 3k. Proper drifter and classic insurance too.

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
Toyota Corrola mk1- if you can find one!

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Dest said:
I was looking at the perfect site recently, but I cant remember its name for the life of me!

Basically, it centered around cheap rwd drift cars, was called something along the lines of driftjunk, scrapdrifters, cheapdrifters, I cant bloody remember now!
Try searching 'Bangernomics' Jerry.

·
VXON's middle-aged lesbian.
28,788 Posts
200SX, no question :cool:

Been on several drift days (Cone Dodgers/Driftworx/Don Palmer etc) with my mate/guitarist who's on his second daft power S14.

Those things dance, but never ever seem to blow up.

·
28,788 Posts
goonas-uk said:
What about Nissan Silvia 1.8T RWD.. cheap as cheaps - easily around £500!!!
Plenty of those turn up to the drifting days too Marc :)

Aswell as old Toyota Corollas, Isuzu Piazza Turbos, RX7's, 5 Series E28 BMW's etc.

·
Premium Member
17,488 Posts
Dan Gliballs said:
Plenty of those turn up to the drifting days too Marc :)
That was made me think of it, it RWD Turbo fun for feck all really.. heard a while back their prices were rising a bit because loads of people wanted em for drifting ;)

·
Banned
14,579 Posts
Im not being specific but i'll give you my review on a Supra 3.0 turbo I owned for a month back in October.

It was an extremely smooth engine, straight 6 turbo automatic.
It was fast, but it wasn't aggressive, you accelerated fast but you didnt' feel how quick it was going until you looked at the speedo. Pinned you back in your seat.
Apparently its one of the most desired engines for tuning, its 230 standard which is respectable.
It looks fantastic, from the front its almost timeless. I could not fault its looks, infact if i could own one again I would.
It drank petrol but I suppose part of it was me being a kid with a new toy and giving it stick here and there.
The interior was amazing. It wasn't the most modern looking of interiors but the spec was unreal. Digital climate with air con, electric lumbar and side bolsters, leather, electric mirrors windows etc, the driving position was brilliant, low down and with reach and rake steering you couldn't be uncomfortable. The dash wrapped around you and was at hand.
It handled well, steering was very precise.

·
28,788 Posts
Andy M said:
Im not being specific but i'll give you my review on a Supra 3.0 turbo I owned for a month back in October.

It was an extremely smooth engine, straight 6 turbo automatic.
It was fast, but it wasn't aggressive, you accelerated fast but you didnt' feel how quick it was going until you looked at the speedo. Pinned you back in your seat.
Apparently its one of the most desired engines for tuning, its 230 standard which is respectable.
It looks fantastic, from the front its almost timeless. I could not fault its looks, infact if i could own one again I would.
It drank petrol but I suppose part of it was me being a kid with a new toy and giving it stick here and there.
The interior was amazing. It wasn't the most modern looking of interiors but the spec was unreal. Digital climate with air con, electric lumbar and side bolsters, leather, electric mirrors windows etc, the driving position was brilliant, low down and with reach and rake steering you couldn't be uncomfortable. The dash wrapped around you and was at hand.
It handled well, steering was very precise.
Aye, but was it mint?

C

·
0 Posts
230 brake for a 3.0 litre turbo? Bit pathetic that don't you think? :bust:
Reckon Nissan Sylvia's the favourite then.
One I drove had nothing 'til 4K, then loads of pull to 5K, then nothing again. Guess it was a little ropey thinking back.

·
Banned
14,579 Posts
Bit pathetic aye i suppose but with minor DIY you can up that a fair bit.

It wasn't far off mint, the arches were pristine

·
Premium Member
4,028 Posts
Dan Gliballs said:
200SX, no question :cool:

Been on several drift days (Cone Dodgers/Driftworx/Don Palmer etc) with my mate/guitarist who's on his second daft power S14.

Those things dance, but never ever seem to blow up.
Hmmm. Might just be a one off, but a guy I work with has one of these (S13), and everything seems to be going wrong with it in the 6 months he's had it. He's changed the oil when he first got it, and again last month after 4000 miles. After spending £1500 on the car, he's spent nearly the same again fixing it, and there's an awful rattle coming from it somewhere.

Saying that, the 2 i've owned have been fine, apart from a leaking oil feed on the 2nd one.

what about an E30 325i or a Jag XJ6?

·
28,788 Posts
Sy said:
Hmmm. Might just be a one off, but a guy I work with has one of these (S13), and everything seems to be going wrong with it in the 6 months he's had it. He's changed the oil when he first got it, and again last month after 4000 miles. After spending £1500 on the car, he's spent nearly the same again fixing it
S13 is a much older beast TBH.

Calvin's S14 is infinitely more reliable than the TVR Chimera we used to blast around in before it,...............just hasn't got the soundtrack :(

·
Premium Member
4,028 Posts
Dan Gliballs said:
S13 is a much older beast TBH.

Calvin's S14 is infinitely more reliable than the TVR Chimera we used to blast around in before it,...............just hasn't got the soundtrack :(
not doubting that. The engine is a lot harsher too. Have to say, i've driven both, and the S14 is sooooooo much better. Just comes with a higher price tag.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts