Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1993 L reg Cavalier Envoy saloon, 1.7TD, MOt till November, Tax till end of april, 147k miles.

The good bits:

- Engine great, plenty of life left in it.
- 45 mpg no matter how you drive it.
- Not too bad for rust - arches are ok, rust around grille due to stone chips
- Reliable
- I have owned for a year, car had been serviced twice, including oil change, filter changes etc.
- Receipt for work done at last MOT, including service, and work on rear brakes.
- No major mechanical or elctrical defects.

The bad bits:
- I used this car as a workhorse, and have sat in the car plenty of times with my dirty site gear on. Hence interior is rather dirty,although most will clean up but the front seats are bit manky.
- Paint has faded rather badly (its red), and quite a few scratches.
- Clutch is quite high, although not slipping.

When I bought the car it needed a bit doing, so has had new water pump, second hand rad, recon alternator and starter motor.

If you just want a runabout with a long MOT, and aren't to bothered what it looks like this car would be good runabout.

Offers around £200?

If anyone is interested pvt me and I will send some pics. Car is located in newcastle upon tyne. My email address is [email protected].

Richard.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
here are some pics. As you can see the interior is a bit grotty, but a good valet would probably make it look a lot better. I forgot to mention there is a crack in the windscreen (about six inches long). It isn't in the drivers view, and isn't getting bigger, but would prob have to be sorted for next MOT. There is also some minor damage to the door frame around a rear window where some scrote broke in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts