Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
143 Posts
should do,done it to my astra 1.4 to 2.0 caliper & discs..

G

·
Yep they do. But you MIGHT need the bracket from the 2.0L.
Why stop 256mm? go for 288mm discs that's what i did

·
Up For The Craic
11,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep they do. But you MIGHT need the bracket from the 2.0L.
Why stop 256mm? go for 288mm discs that's what i did
288 would be good but I have a brand new set of 256 Black Diamond discs here - thought I would put them to use.

What is the difference in the brackets?

G

·
288 would be good but I have a brand new set of 256 Black Diamond discs here - thought I would put them to use.

What is the difference in the brackets?
oh i see....:lmao:
How much were they?
I think the 1.6's had smaller brackets (for the smaller discs) but could be wrong.

·
Banned
143 Posts
you need to change the carrier aswell not just the calipers....

·
8v Power!
10,748 Posts
Calipers, carriers, discs and pads. and I think it might be worth changing the master cylinder to a 2 litre version too as I think that also makes a difference going by a friends comment when doing similar to his 1.7TD.

·
Up For The Craic
11,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think it might be worth changing the master cylinder to a 2 litre version too as I think that also makes a difference
I was wondering about this - I take it the 2.0 version would have a bit more stopping power!

·
8v Power!
10,748 Posts
I was wondering about this - I take it the 2.0 version would have a bit more stopping power!
Pretty sure it allows for something like that.
2litre 8 valve early SRI type you'll need I think if you don't have ABS on the Cav.

:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.