Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had my battery die in my 1997 Vectra 1.8 16V. I took the battery out and charged it overnight.When i tried it in the morning it was still dead, so I went and bought a new one. After fitting the new battery the airbag warning light now stays on after the engine is started. Any ideas???:grrr

·
Premium Member
17,488 Posts
If your air bag light is on the only thing to reset it is a Tech 2 system at Vauxhall, or Snap on Diag unit (I think).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Why does everything on these bloody cars have to cost money when it is just a simple reset of a counter? Soddin' annoying me. My airbag light is on after getting a job done on the engine. Is this the only way to get rid of it, to take to Vx monkey?

Can somebody enllighten me on the paper clip trick?>?>

·
Premium Member
17,488 Posts
paper clip trick is for reading fault codes. as saiod the only way to get rid of air bag light is to have it reset with either Tech2 at Vxl, or a garage that has a snap on diagnostic tool.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks mate! Still haven't the foggiest about this paper clip trick though, is it for use with a laptop for reading the codes?

·
Premium Member
17,488 Posts
StevieD said:
Thanks mate! Still haven't the foggiest about this paper clip trick though, is it for use with a laptop for reading the codes?
You dont need laptop, there is guide on this site in the HOW2 SECTION.

·
Another Dead CDX
767 Posts
Try disconnecting the battery for 15 mins and see if it might clear it .:rolleyes:

If it was'nt there before it may go back to a default state after letting the elec system drain competly , ie components that keep a charge after ignition switched off.:mmmm

1 - 10 of 10 Posts