Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have just purchased an ex MoD '05 Astra Estate with the 80bhp 1.7 diesel engine (Y17DTL?).

When it was re-regd from MoD back to civvy, they haven't bothered doing it properly as 'diesel car' and instead have booked it as 'PLG'. This means £180 tax, rather than £120 normally applicable to this model.

We have the DVLA (v70) form to get this sorted, but need a Certificate of Conformity to prove the CO2 emmissions. Vauxhall want £80 :down: for this which seems way too much.

The car is a standard UK spec 'Life' model.

Does anyone know a way around this?

Many Thanks
James

·
Registered
4 Posts
You need to go to your local DVLC office and speak to them. The VRN, Chassis #, and the engine # should be enough to prove that the car is in the wrong tax group.

Call Swansea first, it could save you a journey. This should be simple enough to sort out mate.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers mate, I had tried the DVLA on the phone, and whilst helpful couldn't give and exact answer. I think I will try again and hope for a better response, as you say the engine number should be enough for them to confirm the status of the car.

I think you have to physically go to an office for this one anyway, so shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks
James

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.