Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi 1st post on here
I have an issue that started today I’ve been out several times in the day locked the car unlocked it using the fob all was fine until I went out earlier only to find the fob not unlocking the car not even flashing the indicators like normal.
It will unlock using the key all doors will unlock also the boot and fuel flap
New batteries installed in both fobs same results for both no signs of life all fuses in the fuse box tested as ok all work and none blown at all.
Is there anyone that can give any information as to the possible cause I’ve owned the car for 3 years without issue so a little baffled by this.
Could the central locking control module have died or is it something simple
Thanks in advanced for any help

·
I refuse to grow up.
16,112 Posts
Try disconnecting the car battery, then reconnecting it after say 15 minutes. Just sometimes the central locking goes into sulk mode

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply I have had the battery off for over 30 mins and reconnected it but still the same results

·
Premium Member
16,260 Posts
Check the battery tray hasn't broken from the board. I've seen the solder crack. Try put key in ignition and turn it and and press the lock/unlock and hopefully it will work.

Reactions: andy_v

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi marks
Fob stripped and checked new battery installed but I have another fob but it’s not the flip it’s a normal key with lock unlock buttons original from Vauxhall this also has nothing happening no signs of life from both fobs car unlocks with the key manually starts fine no codes from the reader so can not pin point the issue

·
14,127 Posts
Central locking relays live in the box under the passenger seat. Take the cover off and remove and replace each relay in turn to make sure everything is making a good contact.

Reactions: andy_v

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update on this issue it seems I’m not alone in the fob not working in my street other neighbours having the same issue. Been out and fob works fine when away from the street get back and no fob so seems there is a faulty device in the area that’s blocking all signals from fobs 433mhz are being blocked from functioning correctly. If I place the fob under passenger seat the central locking works but move even an inch and nothing at all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts