Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having managed to get the door panel off my 2002 elite, there is a blue box inside with a plug clip at the bottom. I take it this is to do with the airbag as, after having unclipped it my airbag dash light is on. Where then do I find the central locking motor in the passanger door? Is it towards the front of the door ie towards the hinges? Any info greatly appreciated.:cry: Thanks

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
It should be about 2-3 inches below the door handle itself. Will have two bars coming of it and on top will have a small clip wich has to be detached also. Better get a small torch and the hands off a small child, its a pain in the jacksy of a job.

Sorry it's taken so long, not many people on here through the day Bob

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that Slac-mac. Will have another go. There is a rattle in the door which makes me think there may be something loose. Will keep you posted.
Thank again

·
Omega Tank Commander
7,722 Posts
No, its attached to the door lock plate, if you follow the lock pin rod down you will see where it is.

You need to unclip the operating bars (door handle, lock pin etc), they have a retaining clip around them which unclips from the bar ans swivels out of the way, the bars can then be disconnected.

Then undo the three torx head bolts that retain the lock plate, reach in and undo the wiring connector (which can be a right bugger!) and lift the whole thing out.

The lock motor is then simply attached with two self tapping screws.

When re-fitting make sure you locate the external door handle operting bar into the circular holder on the lock mechanism or the external door handle won't work.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for that Mark, will prob be the weekend before we get to it. At least we've had the door trim off already so know what we're doing there. The rattle seems to be coming from the hindge end of the door. Could it be a rod has come loose? Also there is no key hole on the passanger side (the side with the prob. Just thought I'd mention that. Thanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts