Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my Vivaro, ex royal mail, there is not central locking switch on the dash and so the cab cannot be locked from inside the vehicle. When the heater panel is removed there are wiring looms in the position where the central locking switch should be, if i just buy a switch will it work?

·
Premium Member
791 Posts
Probably. If there is a 6 pin plug behind there it's likely to be for that. I think it unlikely royal mail got a custom loom made to omit this feature.

If you get a pinout diagram you could try bridging the lock and unlock pin pairs just to see if it actually does move the locks. The remaining 2 pins will be for the switch light.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably. If there is a 6 pin plug behind there it's likely to be for that. I think it unlikely royal mail got a custom loom made to omit this feature.

If you get a pinout diagram you could try bridging the lock and unlock pin pairs just to see if it actually does move the locks. The remaining 2 pins will be for the switch light.
Yeh I have the pinout diagram of the switch in the Haynes manual so I will try that thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update, bridging the respective pins on the wiring loom did activate the door lock so now just need to buy the actual switch,

·
Premium Member
791 Posts
Sport models tend to have looms for the options (cruise, auto wipers, heated mirrors) even if they're not installed.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Thanks Coire,
I've got heated mirrors so maybe but probably need a computer programme and a mfsw to get it up and running. Will have a chat with my village garage on Monday

·
Registered
7 Posts
Can you see wires running through a door mirror that's heated?
Perhaps it's heated from behind?
How did you know you had heated ones ?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts